Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites
The Next Step // Maria Hill Button10

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

The Next Step // Maria Hill

2 posters

Go down

The Next Step // Maria Hill Empty The Next Step // Maria Hill

Post by Phil Coulson Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Coulson had been thinking about proposing to Maria for quite some time already. He had been dating for quite a while, to be more precise they had been dating for almost a year. Coulson always had a attraction to Maria, even before they actually started dating, to be honest he had been attracted to Maria for a long time. He was always too professional and he had been involved in another relationship shortly before his death. He had been involved with a cellist, and to be honest he was quite enamored with miss Audrey Nathans, but the those feelings has since disappeared after his death. Coulson still cared about Audrey and he still considered Audrey to be a friend, but ever since he managed to get his feelings for Maria out in the open, Coulson realized that in the end, Maria was the one he always wanted.

Coulson had bought a ring a few days ago, he really had no clue on what sort of ring to actually get for Maria. Coulson was always a simple man, extravagant and expensive things were simply not stuff he knew about. In the end, Coulson managed to choose a ring, but he was quite unsure if he chose the correct ring for such a occasion. Coulson was not a wealthy person and in the end, the ring had dug quite a hole into his pocket. Money that would have usually been saved for something new in his collections, maybe money he would have used to buy another set of Captain America trading cards. Coulson had no regret about buying the ring though, he would trade everything he had to be with Maria.

Coulson opened his desk and took out the ring that he had bought. He started to look at the ring and wondered when he should propose. Maybe now? No time like the present. Coulson then looked up to a clock and realized it was a bit late. Maybe I should wait until the morning? No, in the morning both Maria and I would be busy with work. This may actually be the best time to propose. Coulson then stood up and putted on some cloths, he also putted the ring into his coat pocket. Once he was done dressing, Coulson left his quarters and walked over to Maria's intending to propose.

Maybe this is not the best idea, Coulson thought as he stood at the door of Maria's quarters. Maybe this whole propose thing is a terrible idea, what if she says no, what if I mess the whole thing up? Coulson worried as he lifted his hand up about to knock on the door, but then he putted his hand back down. You saved the world dozens of times, cheated death another couple dozen times, and even came back from the dead, what are you worrying about? Coulson was now trying to bring back the courage he had when facing down hostiles in a combat situation, he was now trying to get back the courage he had when the decision to propose came to him.

You can do this. Coulson thought as he once again gained the courage to attempt the proposal. He lifted up his arm and knocked on Maria's door. "Maria, its me, its a bit late, but I need to talk to you about something important." Well you did it, now lets hope you don't mess up that proposal. Coulson was now waiting for Maria to respond or open the door, he then realized he really didn't think this through. His entire plan was walk up, knock the door, and somehow attempt a proposal. There were simply so many things that could go wrong with that plan. For one he could had knocked at a really bad moment, Maria could be sleeping, he could lose his courage int he middle of the proposal, ect.
Phil Coulson
Phil Coulson
Imperator and Autokrator of Shipping

£ : 18933

Back to top Go down

The Next Step // Maria Hill Empty Re: The Next Step // Maria Hill

Post by Maria Hill Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:47 am

- - - - - - - - - -
a warning to the people, the good and the evil
this is war
- - - - - - - - - -

Sitting in front of her vanity table, Maria appraised her look in the mirror. Wrinkling her nose slightly at her reflection, she swiped some crimson lipstick over her lips, before picking up a bottle of perfume and spritzing some onto her neck. Smiling as the blend of lilac and nectarine filled the room, she studied her reflection for a moment longer before standing up. She knew that Svetlana would croon about how gorgeous she looked, and though Maria didn't often feel pretty, she could tell when she looked it. Tonight she looked amazing.

Svetlana was dragging her out to Lionheart for a meal and some drinks. Knowing Svetlana it would end up being a lot of drinks, but Maria hadn't been planning on making it into the office the next morning anyway. That, at least, was a perk to being the deputy director - you could decide when to drop by the office, if at all, and no one could say a damn thing. The whole affair was bound to be a fun night, but the problem was that Maria didn't want to go. Not really. The work week had gotten her exhausted. Her weeks were often exhausting, but this one had been particularly trying. By this point all Maria really wanted to do was find Coulson, get some pizzas and beers, and fall asleep cuddled up to him, while pretending that she was extremely interested in the latest documentary that he was bound to show her. But she'd promised Sveta that she'd go with her, and Maria never went back on her word, no matter how much she wanted to.

Slipping on a pair of strappy black heels, Maria smiled slightly as her bird tattoo caught her eye. She loved it, even though it usually never saw the light of day. It reminded her of just how far she'd come since her teenage years. Who would have thought that she'd end up becoming deputy director in SHIELD, of all places? As ambitious as she was, she never even dreamed of such a position. A knock made her look up, and Maria pushed all thoughts of SHIELD and tortured childhoods out of her mind. She figured it was probably Sveta, checking up on her.

Hurriedly she did the clasps of the shoes up, and got up, a smile instantly curling up the corners of her mouth as she heard Phil's voice calling to her. Well that was a pleasant surprise. She wondered what the important thing was that it couldn't wait either until tomorrow or he couldn't text her it. Must be something big, she decided. She pulled her door open, the smile growing bigger as she looked at him. "Hi," she greeted him, leaning over and kissing him lightly on the lips. "I'm glad to see you; come in." Pulling away she turned back into her room, grabbing her discarded uniform off the bed so Phil would have a place to sit.  

Sidling over to the vanity chair, she perched down on it and crossed one leg over the other, cocking her head to the side as she studied her lover. "Are you ok? You've got your serious face on... What's up?"

- - - - - - - - - -
from the right to the left we will fight to the death
to the edge of the earth, it's a brave new world
- - - - - - - - - -

STATUS``: active
TAGGED``: agent fanboy
OUTFIT``: lost the dress; will find it later
NOTES``: ---
LYRICS``: this is war by thirty seconds to mars
CREDIT``: this template was made by the amazing TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0.
Maria Hill
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

£ : 17637

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 pm

The Next Step // Maria Hill Egg_0511
Coulson stood at the door waiting for Maria, one hand he could not wait to propose to Maria, on the other hand he was terrified of attempting the proposal. Coulson was terrified that he would mess up his proposal attempt. He placed one of his hand in the pocket which contained the ring he bought, nervously moving the box around the pocket. When the door opened and Maria kissed him lightly on the lips, Coulson gave a slight smile and walked into Maria's room, at the same time he took his hands out of his pockets. "Well you look wonderful Maria, anything happening tonight?" Coulson asked when he noticed how well dressed Maria was at the time being. Gorgeous, she always was both smart and gorgeous.

Walking over to bed, Coulson tried to think about how exactly should he ask the question to Maria. You truly did not plan this entire thing well enough, you are a shame to handlers everywhere, Coulson thought chastising himself for attempting such a important action without thinking it through on  how he should have done it. Coulson, you just performed a Stark leveled act of idiocy. "I do have something serious." Coulson said trying to keep up the courage he had when deciding that he would actually propose to Maria. Facing death is much easier than this, I know, I faced it, I even actually experienced it for a while.

"Well uh Maria, I love you, but you already know that, so uh......" Coulson said with his voice trailing off at the end, become nervous about about actually asking the question. What if she says no, what will you do then?  Coulson wondered for a moment before once again, for the nth time this night regaining the courage to propose. Get on with it and propose before you lose your bloody courage again, you faced death, you babysat man children whom can single handily level armies, you can do this whole proposal thing, its not that hard. Yes it is not that hard, it is harder than all of those.

Coulson in one swift motion reached into his pocket, went down onto one knee. As he went down onto one knee, Coulson gave a sign and said quietly "Well here goes nothing." You mean everything right? He then briefly fumbled around his pocket for the box which held the ring before finding it and bringing it out of his pocket. "Maria Hill, will you marry me?" Coulson blurted out as soon as he got the ring out. Coulson waited for Maria's response, but he already felt a huge weight lift off his shoulder, she would either say yes or no, it was out of his hands now.
Phil Coulson
Phil Coulson

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:51 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
my heart stops when you look at me
just one touch, now baby I believe
- - - - - - - - - -

A delicate pink came upon Maria's cheeks at the compliment, and she bit the inside of her lip, a goofy grin coming to rest on her lips. Even after all this time dating Phil, she wasn't used to it when he gave her compliments. She very much loved receiving compliments from him, but she wasn't used to it. She wasn't used to compliments from anyone, really, though she was certainly becoming better at it; at least now she could accept a compliment without thinking that underneath it was some sarcastic jibe at her.

"Thanks. You look very dashing yourself." she replied, still grinning. "Svetlana's dragging me out to Lionheart. Julian's away on another mission and she's bored out of her skull. Which means that she's dragging Patience and me out to paint the town red." She gave a chuckle, giving her head a slight shake. "Doctor's orders, apparently." She gave a good-natured roll of the eyes, crossing one knee over the other. "But on the bright side, it means I don't have to stay up all night yelling at various agents for drawing dinosaurs and alien babies all over their reports. I swear it's like Garrett trained all of them." Maria had a very love-hate relationship with Garrett; on the one hand she cared for him very deeply since he'd been the one to train her and turn her into what she was, but on the other hand she wanted to throttle him every time she saw him for his childish antics.

She cocked her head to the side and watched him curiously as he said that he loved her, wondering what had made him so nervous. She nibbled on the inside of her lip, trying to come with an explanation but coming up completely empty. Whatever she could have imagined, it wasn't what Phil ended up asking. Her mouth dropped open and she blinked at him in surprise, gaping like a fish out of water. To say that she was surprised would have been the understatement of the year. Next second a wide grin lit up her face and she nodded, giving a soft giggle. "Yes. Of course I will, yes!" She brought a hand to her mouth to try and hide her laugh, before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to Phil's lips, her smile not leaving. Her heart swelled with happiness and love for this wonderful man and her cheeks must have been the colour of strawberries right now. She'd never planned on getting married, never even contemplated settling down. But with Phil it just seemed perfect and right. "I love you," she murmured as she pulled away and gazed at him.  

- - - - - - - - - -
this is real
so take a chance and don't ever look back
- - - - - - - - - -

TAGGED``: coulson <333
OUTFIT``: this dress, and black strappy heels
NOTES``: i did it! and i'm super duper excited to continue this thread!!
LYRICS``: teenage dream by katy perry
CREDIT``: this template was made by the amazing TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0.
Maria Hill
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:45 pm

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall

TAG:  @Maria Hill

NOTES:    The feeeeels

For a moment Phil was worried that Maria would have said no to his question, that would have been awkward. Coulson was overjoyed at Maria's response of yes, and all the nervousness he had felt earlier disappeared. Coulson knew he was a fool for every worrying about the answer to this question, but at the same time, it was a big step forward for himself and Maria's relationship.

That went well. Coulson thought with a smile as he slipped the ring onto Maria's finger. "Well if Doctor Orlova is dragging the three of you out, I hope you three make sure Patience does not have anything to drink." It was common knowledge among SHIELD's top echelon that Moran did not hold her alcohol well and Coulson knew that especially long. He was the one whom trained Moran after all.

"Well you were trained by Garrett, so I am sure his training is not that bad." Coulson joked, but at the same time that statement got him thinking about Garrett's actions. Garrett used to be alot more serious of a person, Garrett used to be a very different person, atleast when it came to serious matters. Coulson didn't know what, but something changed Garrett.

When Coulson heard Maria state that she loved him, Coulson already knew that in his heart but those words never ceased to bring joy to him. "I love you too, all it took was being invaded by a god and an alien invasion to get us to admit out feelings." Coulson joked, conveniently leaving out the part where he was killed. That was something Coulson wanted to put past himself, he was also still displeased on being kept in the dark.

"So how should we inform Fury about this development?" Coulson asked both to himself and Maria. "Maybe keep him in the dark until we hand out the invitations?" Coulson joked, Fury absolutely despised being kept in the dark. "And as much as we both love Garrett, I don't think we should invite him, but that means I would have to find a different best man."

Phil Coulson
Phil Coulson

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:40 pm

The Next Step // Maria Hill Cobie-smulders-celebrity-background-desktop-hd-wallpaper-free-download
this is real, so take a chance and don't ever look back
You think I'm pretty without any makeup on. You think I'm funny When I tell the punchline wrong. I know you get me So I let my walls come down. Before you met me I was alright but things Were kinda heavy; You brought me to life. Now every February You'll be my Valentine. Let's go all the way tonight; No regrets, just love. We can dance, until we die. You and I, will be young forever.

Not being able to hide her grin and not wanting to either, Maria looked down at the ring. "It's beautiful, Phil," she uttered softly, twisting it and watching as it sparkled in the light. She wasn't one for jewellery, but this particular piece she would proudly wear everywhere. "You shouldn't have worried so much," she added softly, reaching out to touch his cheek out of affection. It had taken them so long to admit it to each other, and Maria often wondered if things would have been different if she'd told Phil how he felt before the Battle of New York. Would he still have broken the rules to be with her, or would he have just pretended that such a confession had never happened? Not that any of that mattered now; after everything they were finally together and 'what if' thoughts were pointless and weren't meant to be dwelled upon.

She chuckled at his mention of Moran's drinking. "Sveta's got that covered. She learned the hard way about what happens when you let Patience drink. You know that locking bracelet that you gave Skye? I wish we had something like that for alcohol. So any time she got close to alcohol, it'd just lock her hands down onto the bar so she couldn't get her drink." She shook her head over the thought of Moran's antics when drunk. "She's an international security risk. She shouldn't even be allowed to drink at the base bar. I don't understand how the Security Council haven't banned her from drinking yet..." She wouldn't have minded so much that Patience couldn't hold her liquor if she didn't say anything sensitive while drunk. If all she did was get giggly and affectionate, that would have been ok. But she'd been known to spill secrets while drunk, and in a job like theirs, that was a dangerous thing.

"We could always give Fluffy a box that has our invitation in it to give to him. That way neither of us have to put up with him if he starts yelling or has a stroke," Maria joked. She was certainly not looking forward to telling Fury that they were now engaged. After the incident when she told him they were together, she would rather avoid it. "Do you reckon Patience would tell him if I give her a big enough bribe?" she asked, scrunching her nose. "Though I'd rather he didn't find out ever, I don't want to be the one telling him. He yelled enough at me and threatened to fire me the last time I had to talk to him about our relationship." It had all been a cruel joke on Fury's part, she'd found out later, but Maria didn't particularly want her emotions to be toyed like that again.

words: 465 | tag: @Phil Coulson | outfit: undecided | notes: they're so cute <3

made by marv @ atf
Maria Hill
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Coulson Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:55 pm

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall

TAG:  @Maria Hill

NOTES:    The feeeeels

"Of course your right I should not have worried so much about asking the question, but it was quite stressful of a question." Coulson admitted with a smile. "Well I m glad you liked the ring, it would certainly be embarrassing if you disliked it." Coulson gave a sigh of relief at the same time, Maria disliking the ring was his second biggest worry about this whole situation, right after Maria saying no to his proposal.

"Well maybe we should ask around R&D sometime and see if they can come up with anything, and if all else fails we could always go and see out resident genius manchild inventor." Coulson joked in response to Maria's comment about Moran. "Security risk would be an understatement, Moran really cannot hold her alcohol, it is really shocking, Moran seems like an entirely different person when drunk."

"Hmm that is a good idea, but even though Fury is a complete and utter asshole at times, I would hate to see him die, especially if he was eaten by Fluffy." Coulson joked, as much as he had problems with Fury, he considered Fury to be one someone he could trust almost completely and a friend.

"Well I doubt even with your friendship that Moran would be willing to be the one to inform Fury on the development in our relationship." Coulson then had the mental image of Moran being the one to inform Fury about this development and gave a small chuckle at what sort of disaster that would cause. "Pretty sure Moran has some sense of self preservation, though if you get her drunk, maybe she might just agree to inform the Director."

"No one wants to be the one to inform Fury on things he does not already know, but keeping him in the dark would be even worse." Telling Fury something he did not know was bad enough, but keeping a secret from Fury was even worse than informing him on information. The one thing Fury hated more than not knowing was being kept in the dark.

Phil Coulson
Phil Coulson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down