Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites
You say what? // Maria Hill Button10

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

You say what? // Maria Hill

2 posters

Go down

You say what? // Maria Hill Empty You say what? // Maria Hill

Post by Nick Fury Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:14 pm

Director Nicholas James Fury stood in his office at SHIELD UK, he had just arrived from a flight from the Triskelion, he had been there checking up on Project Insight, at the same time, Fury could not help but feel a bit worried about the project. It was his idea, the project came at his suggestion, but at the same time, Fury could not help but feel something was wrong. Fury felt that SHIELD had somehow been corrupted, he had been having this feeling for quite sometime, Fury had came to the conclusion that he was going to perform a internal investigation of SHIELD, better sure than sorry that some threat had slipped past his eye. Contrary to popular belief the Director was not all seeing, his blind eye didn't even help his vision.

Fury looked around his office, after a few more moments of thought, Fury walked to his chair and desk, he then turned on his computer and started to search through SHIELD's databases for mercenaries, he was going to use them to investigate a Lumerian Star, Fury's guts told him that the project may have something to do with the uneasiness. Fury was focused on his screen, and found a possible candidate whom he could hire, a French Algerian, Georges Batroc, this may work.

Fury then noticed someone approaching his office from the security feeds, it was his Deputy Director, Maria Hill, this was unscheduled, why was she coming? Fury did not like the unexpected, but this certainly would be interesting if Deputy Director Hill was to come to him without scheduling a meeting first. Fury stayed in his seated and waited for the Deputy Director to enter his office. Once she was in, he said in his usual colourful manner "Why are you here? Tell me that SHIELD is still fucking operating and that the new recruits have not unleashed a cosmic evil."
Nick Fury
Nick Fury
Imperator and Autokrator of Shipping

£ : 18251

Back to top Go down

You say what? // Maria Hill Empty Re: You say what? // Maria Hill

Post by Maria Hill Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:19 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
when you feel my heat, look into my eyes
it's where my demons hide
- - - - - - - - - -
Maria wasn't one to get nervous about stupid reasons. Or nervous at all, for that matter. Nervousness was a paralysing emotion; it made you useless and meant you couldn't think straight. Nervousness made you incompetent and such things were despised by Maria. And yet as she marched to Fury's office, she could not shake the jitters she was feeling. She'd told Coulson that she'd be the one talking to Fury about taking a holiday together. As the deputy director, she felt that she should be the one to do it. But right this moment she would rather brave a hundred Wendigos than follow through.

"Given that the place is still standing, I would say that's a good indication that we're still operating," Maria replied in greeting, her eyebrow rising a smidgen and a smirk so tiny it could have been missed curling up the corner of her mouth. "The rookies are still trying to stutter their way through Latin in attempts to exorcise things. They won't be making their way onto dark magic for a long time yet."

She cleared her throat. "I need to speak to you about the scheduling of vacations this upcoming month, Sir." Well, better go ahead and just spit it out. Fury was bound to find out sooner or later anyway. "Agent Coulson and I wish to take our paid vacation at the same time this year," she told him, her tone calm and her face expressionless despite her heart beating a mile a minute. Her worry came not so much from what Fury would say about her and Coulson's relationship, but that he'd forbid it. And in the back of her mind, she wasn't too certain that Fury would be all that understanding and not split the pair up and make them go work on opposite sides of the world. She wasn't quite sure what she'd do if that was the case. "And we would like to schedule it for as soon as possible."

- - - - - - - - - -
don't get too close, it's dark inside
- - - - - - - - - -

STATUS``: active
TAGGED``: fury
OUTFIT``: her regular shield uniform
NOTES``: ---
LYRICS``: demons by imagine dragons
CREDIT``: this template was made by the amazing TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0.
Maria Hill
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

£ : 17692

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fury Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Nick listened to what Maria had to say and gave a slight smirk, about fucking time, Fury thought, but at the same time he decided that he would have a bit of fun in this situation. Contrary to popular belief, Fury did have a sense of humour, a sick sense of humour perhaps, but it was still a sense of humour. Fury gave his best frown and glared at Maria, he then stood up and said in his most intimating voice "You want to do what? Care to repeat what you just said to me?" Fury then clutched his fists together and asked with false anger "You are telling me that Coulson and you are fucking together!"

Fury acted all angry, but in reality he was quite pleased at this revelation, but he sure as hell wasn't going to let them know he was happy about what he just heard. "Vacation denied, we need both of you on duty, and you are to en this relation right now, we have rules against this sort of things." Fury was certainly finding this amusing, bout damn time. "DO you have a fucking problem with my decision? Or are you going to do a stupid ass action?" At the same time, Fury took his seat once more and started to arrange temporary replacements for Coulson and Maria.
Nick Fury
Nick Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Her expression of calm faltered and Maria blinked at Fury in surprise. After everything she'd done for that man, after all the times she'd stuck her neck out for him or put her ass on the line, he was just going to act like such a goddamn jerk?! In all the years she'd worked for SHIELD, she'd never once asked for a holiday. She always had to be forced to take one. And now that she was actually wanting one, he was denying her it. All because she wanted to go with Coulson.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" she asked, eyes narrowing at him as she crossed her arms across her chest and strode towards him. "After everything we did for you, after everything you put him through, you don't think we deserve a goddamn holiday?" Her voice gave an almost imperceptible wobble from anger. She'd never so much as had a fling while at SHIELD. And now he was telling her she and Coulson had to end it? Junior agents were allowed to have all sorts of flings and relationships within SHIELD walls and yet she wasn't. Where was the fairness in that? "After all I've done for you, you can't even let me be happy with him?" she asked quietly, looking him with utter disbelief and hurt.

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

CREDIT``: this template was made by the amazing TAYLYNOSAURUS REX! of caution 2.0.
Maria Hill
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fury Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:42 pm

Fury was working on handling the paperwork for Maria and Coulson's vacation, and at the same time he was grinning internally, Maria had fallen for his joke, not the kindest joke, but to be honest, Fury found this type of humour amusing. Fury finished up arranging the paperwork for the vacations approval, he then started to look for replacements. Agent Moran can handle Maria's duties for the time being, Coulson's team would simply fall under the command of Agent May. Fury then stood up once more and walked beside Maria, giving her his best death glare.

"Everything you did for ME? Everything I put him through?" Fury said with his voice rising, both Maria and Coulson were doing their jobs, and what Fury did to Coulson, he saved Coulson's life, he brought the man back from the fucking land of the dead, they owed him, and now his Deputy Director saw him as the guilty party?! Fury then remembered that his methods were not what many would do, there were harsh at times, it was understandable the anger, but still Fury did not do anything wrong, he did what was best.

"No happiness and that sort of nonsense has been outlawed, I forbid any more mentions of this matter." Fury said before as he went back to his computer and started to print out the papers which granted Maria and Coulson their vacations. Once the papers were printed, he reached for them and signed them, he then stood up once more, he then said in a tone of extreme anger "Do not return to my office, you and Coulson are not to be on SHIELD grounds." Fury intended to mislead Maria into believing that she and Coulson had just lost their jobs, he then handed the papers for the vacation that he had printed and signed to Maria, "Your letters of dismissal, congratulations."
Nick Fury
Nick Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:47 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
"How many times did I put my ass out on the line for you and not even receive a thank you?" Maria shot back, her voice rising slightly. So many times over the years that she had actually lost count. Which was probably somewhere in her job description, although written more eloquently, but it hurt when she stuck her neck out and it was just taken for granted. "I saved you from getting fired by the Security Council and all I got was a "good job"? I bust my ass every freaking day trying to keep this place running while you're off looking at honey badgers, and not a single shred of recognition is tossed my way, ever."

She bit her tongue hard to stop herself from replying with something that she would regret later in regards to Coulson's resurrection. She already was on extremely thin ice and was under the impression that she was probably fired by this point anyway. At his next comment, she raised an eyebrow at him, incredulity sneaking up onto her features. "So, junior agents are allowed to date and eat each other's faces in disgusting displays of affections in the hallways and me wanting to be in a secret relationship is 'nonsense'? Excellent logic there, Sir. I applaud you." She fought the urge to snatch the proffered papers from his hand and just storm out of the office. She wasn't even concerned about the fact that she'd just been given the boot after all the years she'd put in at SHIELD. All she wanted to do was get away from Fury.

Her eyes scanned the pages, searching for when exactly she and Coulson had to be off base by. Disbelief and annoyance mixed on her face as she read the words, and finally a look of utter unamusement settled on her face. "Are you serious?" she asked, fixing Fury with a 'I-could-just-strangle-you-right-now' look. "What are you, ten?"  

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

NOTES``: fury is a damn jerk
Maria Hill
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fury Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:53 pm

"The Honeybadger will be a excellent pet, I believe its name will be Fluffy." Fury said with a smirk when Maria took the papers he handed her, he then took his seat once more and added "Exactly, your the Deputy Director you must set a example for the rookies." Fury was simply intentionally being as much of a asshole as he could possibly be for the time being. Fury was finding Maria's temper amusing, he was disappointed at the same time, he was supposed to be the angry black man, his deputy was to be ice cold, not losing her temper like this.

"No, I am sixty two, any more stupid ass questions?"
Fury said with a chuckle and then he got up and said "So where are you two heading off to?" Fury was slightly curious at what the two intended to do, he did not like being left out of the loop. Fury then looked at Maria and saw her face, he then felt slightly bad at the joke he had just pulled on Maria, oh just slightly, maybe about point five percent of his mind was feeling guilty and sorry about the prank.
Nick Fury
Nick Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Hill Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:26 pm

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -
Her mind still reeling from the cruel trick and from the fact that she and Coulson both still had their jobs, Maria avoided Fury's gaze and just stared at the papers, blinking. Now that the real reason behind his rude behaviour had been revealed, Maria was quite embarrassed over her previous outburst. Even if she meant every single thought that she'd voiced, it wasn't like her to do such things. She usually bottled things up, appeared ice cold and as a rule never lost her temper. But every now and again all that pent up anger ended up exploding all over someone. At least Fury would pretend it never happened, or at least so she hoped.

She cleared her throat. "My apologies, Sir," she said quietly referring to her temper getting the best of her. "Fluffy sounds perfect. There's a betting pool already going on how many rookies it'll maim before they wise up to your tricks," she commented with a slight smirk, sinking down into the guest chair. "We're going to Washington. The Smithsonian is opening up a Captain America exhibit he's dying to see," she replied with a chuckle. "And then New York. After that, who knows?" She wasn't going to tell him that they were wanting to visit his parents and her grandparents; that was a much more personal thing and something Fury didn't need to know about. "By that point we might both be begging for a mission." She highly doubted it. But who knew?  

- - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -

Maria Hill
Maria Hill
Tsaritsa of Shipping

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fury Sun May 18, 2014 5:24 pm

"A betting pool? How much money has been amassed and I want in." Fury said with a chuckle, this pool did sound like a amusing idea. Fury held a rather low opinion of most of SHIELD's rookie population, he actually held a low opinion of most of the human population, and until a person proves they deserve his respect, he would hold a extremely low opinion of them. The world was filled with dumbasses whose only actions would be one stupid ass decision after the next, they would rarely if ever perform a action worthy of respect or a action that even had the remotest sense of logic in them.

"Coulson and his hero worship, that is the one thing I have never understood about him."
Fury replied when Maria mentioned the Smithsonian and the Captain America exhibit. Fury never did understand why Coulson idolized Captain Rogers, Captain Rogers was a war hero and everything, but still there was no need for hero worship. Well atleast it was Captain Rogers instead of Stark, that immature idiot actually had quite the fanbase, a entire fanbase filled with immature idiots.
Nick Fury
Nick Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down