Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites
Sharks And Minnows // Cade Foster Button10

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Sharks And Minnows // Cade Foster

Go down

Sharks And Minnows // Cade Foster Empty Sharks And Minnows // Cade Foster

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:10 pm

She didn't fit into this little world. This new, this changing world. It'd gotten along just fine without her, she hadn't a single ally, travelling companion, or anyone who would possibly notice her disappearance. Oh, well. It wasn't as though she would simply disappear once more, off on travels of her own. From what she could gather, this new world was just fine without her.

And she didn't mind. She'd just slip back into the wonderful shadows, ready to envolope her and hide her from the world completely. Winter didn't do well when others knew her, knew she was there. She did better unnoticed. She'd lived out most of her life that way.

Sure, some people would occasionally take notice to her. Interested in her wild and upredictable nature, and her mystery that surrounded her so completely. She would be quite lost without it. For so long, she'd be that one mysterious person hidden in shadow.

By herself.

Yes, that was how it had to be. She didn't belong in the light.

Winter's white hair flared about her, tangling itself wildly in the wind. She was seated upon a rooftop, overlooking a small patch of buildings. Hard stone stretching towards the sky, built in only a few nights it seemed. She had her sword laid across her lap, legs crossed and a sharpening stone held lightly in her finger tips. Carefully, she dragged the stone upon the blade. Keeping her fingers from the blade, as it was not neccesarily needing to be sharpened. And as it was, could take a finger off easily.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sharks And Minnows // Cade Foster Empty Re: Sharks And Minnows // Cade Foster

Post by Cade Foster Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:27 pm

It wasn't necessarily boredom. Nor was it loneliness.

It was something.

He wasn't sure what. Only thing that made sense were that Gua wasn't existing anymore. At least most of them. And he absolutely had no reason to carry anymore.
But he did.
The weight of the gun was something he missed occasionally. Especially on days like this.

No, he wasn't old, was he? Nah. Nope. Not that. But something. Something days long past was creeping up on him. And he had to stop himself from reaching for gun every time he saw a frickin' guy fooling crowd with tricks.
And he had to resist the urge to pick any visible lock at the office or crack his boss' safe.

Those days were over.

But really?

Cade looked up at the sky. It was as if nothing ever changed but at the same time everything at once had changed. Life was lonely. He had his sister, but she was far too innocent for dealing with his past. His ally was gone, probably deep into Canadian woods. Raven Nation had no reason to exist anymore.
He was gone from their lives just as they from his. Ocean in between. And unknown amount of time of black abyss in his mind.

He often caught himself observing crowds. Looking for aliens. He only suspected an old man but he one day the old man started yelling at him and had his cane doing the speech.

He still wore deep bruise on his neck and left side of head and face.
Definitely not an alien.

But were there more besides those he'd fought?
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

£ : 19972

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Winter watched the man pass along the building she was sitting on the rooftop on. He had something in his walk, something that drew the woman's interest immediatly. Slipping the sharpening stone into a pouch sewn upon her belt, her fingers slid upon the blade, her eyes not interested in what she was doing and her fingers were careless. Luckily, she recalled the sword as she felt pinpricks from three fingers being sliced. Jerking her hand back, she sighed as red dripped from the first three fingers. It was just a little wound, nothing to worry over, that was for sure. Winter pushed at the flesh, testing to make sure that there would not be any permanant damage, and it was just a little cut.

Little, being the objective word.

She realised that it'd been quite a while since she'd had a human. Her species was known for canibalism, and human hunts. Where a clan would chase a human to death, then devour the body. She was an unmarked species, even by the famed time lords. As that man so put it, no one ever went to the end of time, so her species hadn't been discovered, and her language hadn't been recorded. She really didn't care, let the time lords do what they did best. At the age of nearly ten thousand, of course she knew about the time war, the time lords, knew about more then she really should.

That wasn't to say she knew everything about the universe. At the age of ten thousand, there was something new every so often but she just became less and less intersted in the little facts that the universe shouted at her. Just to prove that it knew all, and she was just a subject.

Nearly ten thousand. Of course she knew more then she should.

Sliding the sword into the sheath, she quietly stood and walked beside the man on the roof. He was walking on the street, and she upon the roof, she doubted he'd noticed her. Bored, and equipped with a mischievious nature, Winter waited until his back was to her. She climbed down onto a window sill, laying her legs on it to hold her up she laid down so that she was hanging upside down and eye to eye with the man that attracted her attention so easily were he to turn around.  Sharks And Minnows // Cade Foster Egg_1010

"Boo." Winter snapped behind him, her voice dripping with teasing humour. She wanted to talk to the man, find out what was inside him that had her so interested. Why should she try any other way, then the one she first thought of? The belt's pouches hung upside down and the items cluttered and tied upon it clanked against one another. Specifically, the sheath hung upside down, light chains and decorative strands of bright glass beads clinked against itself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:55 am

Maybe the idea for such a walk wasn't the brightest ever, and maybe he should have waited MJ's famous rant about how silly he could be when not needed and how much exactly those aliens had messed his brains up, but maybe he should have checked into some actual asylum.

Maybe.

So many of them. Too many.

He let his hand feel his old, but not from his old alien hunter days, S&W handgun. It's still warm in his pocket as his hand grips it at ready.

Something has made the hair on his neck stand up.

And then as a voice behind him, so close that he could feel his heart stopping before hammering at hummingbird speed, says "boo" with such a tease he feels his hand cramping around the gun.

And Cade, with years long ago practiced move, turns around on his heels and steps back slightly to raise his weapon, ready to shoot the unknown disturbance.

And he freezes. No, stands still. Observing and cataloging what he's seeing.

White, blazing hair. Things dangling down her sides. A woman hanging from a window sill. His eye catches certain amount of mischief about her.
But something else, something from the old times nagging at him. An old instinct takes over and he readies the gun.

"Who are you?" he asks in a low, steady voice. Alien hunter voice, his subconscious notices.
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Winter's taunting, mischievious, childish nature fell from her features like water when he pointed the gun at her. First, she gave him a 'you have got to be kidding me' look. Then, open hostility. Oh, she'd just wanted a bit of fun! Sitting up, perfectly at ease with a man pointing a gun at her face, and so very sure that he wouldn't pull that little trigger because she had decided to move. Really, it was a matter of pride, she couldn't just sit there. Maybe put her hands into the air and surrender!

Oh, that would be the day.

Surrender really wasn't in her personal dictionary. She'd made a promise to a man. To never surrender. Ah, Tahras.. Someone so important to her, so lost to her, that any passing phrase he had made was forever immortalised. He hadn't meant it the way she'd taken it. Just a passing remark, that she'd taken to heart. He was gone, and she took everything he ever said quite seriously.

She could never surrender.

"Ooh, I do not answer to men with a gun directed at my head. Disarm, and I shall introduce myself." Winter sat up, catching the edge of the sill and unhooking her legs. Dropping to the ground, she turned around. Eyes cold and sharp, and all traces of mischief or fun had left as soon as he'd drawn the gun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:50 am

His hand was still steady, as if he hadn't been floated the oceans and seas before ending up at the hospital, as if he still wasn't half counted as crazy and party disabled, as if the years hadn't passed since the last fight. A spark of confidence ignited something deep inside, something long gone cold by the time and currents of the icy waters.
His small proud alien hunter persona.

"I am not sure I can yet trust you. he stated, watching, observing, waiting. His legs grounded and stable as was his whole posture. And Cade just held the gun, ready to pull the trigger if the suspicious woman would show even a slightest attempt to kill him first.

He'd noticed the sheath that, by the looks of it, held a sword of some sort. He'd noted the pouches dangling from a belt.
Ready for the fight as a soldier would, his other part of brain told.
But his intuition noticed the change of expression, as if it had been just a joke. But then, he's been subjected to worse mind games and illusions.
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 am

"Ooh, parden me. I quite thought you were someone of interest. Clearly, however. You are one of them. What a waste of my time." Winter glared at the man, as she spoke her small triangular teeth poked between the edge of her lips. Winter was far from human, that was to be sure. But, it seemed that the only trait that set her different from the humans. The prey. Was her teeth. All futurekind had pointed teeth, like a shark's. They weren't meant for beauty, merely for the ripping and tearing. Winter was the first futurekind to actually speak english, in full sentences. She was the first to have individual thought. Winter was the first to do quite a lot.

And yet, she was the last.

"Besides, you cannot trust anyone." Winter snarled, feircly angry at the man who'd wasted her time. He couldn't trust her?

Oh boo hoo...

How sad.

You couldn't trust anyone. Idiot.

Walking past him, she put a hand upon the hilt of her the sword. Just in case. Her grips wasn't around the handle, merely her fingertips danced wildly upon the hilt of the blade. A habit when she was quite annoyed. She passed the man, no longer caring what had caught her eye in him.

He was an alien hunter.

Or a police, or such.

With her luck, probably the former. It was in the way he walked, the way he spoke. The low growl of a hunter. Something she knew more about then anyone. If humans were the prey.

Futurekind were the hunters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 am

And there she had gotten him. All his senses took a turn for flashing 'Not harm! Not harm!' messages although the teeth were clear proof of this creature being of some species that weren't humans.
And with still persistent skepticism Cade lowered the gun. But not put back safety on, yet. Though he still was at ready to act, like old times. No, he wasn't old, and least of all 'burned'.

"Okay. But pardon me, I'm not usually letting strangers spook me that way. I have siblings for that." he snapped back, slightly pissed at the level of arrogance the stranger threw at him, almost as if he'd disappointed her. At about same second the ex-hunter realized a mistake he would not let slip the old days. He mentioned siblings. So much for still being in shape, Cade slapped himself mentally.

But still. Something about this person made both his hair stand up on the ends and just to let his guard down- two conflicting sensations that made harder to plan the next step.

"So what, you giving up because I was too cautious?" Cade asked suddenly. And surprised himself. A small pang of anger at the obvious lack of interest in him that made some part of him start throwing a fit.
It was probably that regular human part that kept his sister prank him nearly every morning, all day long or only on the following week if he felt poorly.
The same part of him that hid deep inside until he was cooped up in his tiny 'broom closet' office and got itchy to glue some staplers to his boss' desk while he was out.

No, Cade Foster may have had been an alien hunter for few years far back in time, but he was most definitely a human who still had some spark in him. And now he was a bit annoyed by this intriguing woman of some kind of species that started to remind his boss who's stapler will be glued to his desk the following Monday.
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:54 pm

"No, I am giving up on you because you bore me! Typical human hunter, point a gun first, Kill them first. Ask questions later! Then, mumble madly about having a concience. I know your type. And I do not care to meet another hunter!" Winter snapped, turning around and walking backwards for a few paces as she mocked him. Arms spread out in a typical 'I don't give a flying crap' fasion. Laughing as she finished her remark, she spun on her heel, her smile dropping madly and she continued to walk away from the man.

She didn't answer to a man with a gun. He wasn't being cautious, he was being paranoid. Cruel. He was being a typical hunter.

Winter often referred to them as hunters, and that was precisely what had peaked her interest. The was he walked, that swagger, the gun, the voice, the look in the eyes. He was one of those maddened hunters that she ran into so very often. Flashes played on her eyes, and she didn't bother to untangle the images.

A madman laughing wildly in her face, gun in hand, and a hand around her throat. Nails digging into her neck, and Winter pressed against the wall, clawing at the wrist and her vision faded to black

Another hunter fired point blank upon her daughter. Her only daughter. Just to cause Winter to pause. And she had, stumbling over her own feet in her rush to her daughter's corpse. There was a bang, and her vision fell to black, falling over little Ildas in a small pile

Hinute Sother, an insane hunter of her own type caught Winter's arm behind her back, twisting it up until the arm dislocated. Shouting, she was distracted by the staggering pain, that was.. Until a blade slit her throat from behind. Her vision fadded to black.

Black..

Black..

Black

And they weren't tangled up idioticies of a mad woman. But memories. Memories of a woman who'd lived past her time. Been tormented by hunters for what she was, and had to move on.

She had to.

She was immortal, and had died on more the one occasion.

No, they weren't delusions.

They were memories.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:09 am

And before he started to throw a tantrum he went down the whole other way. Hysterical laughing.

Yup. Cade Foster, who once definitely wouldn't have been like this, was almost on his knees laughing.
He decided, subconsciously, to put the gun away. And now he let the statement sink in.

"Boring. I'm too boring." he repeated and laughed until he was tired.

And that was when brain kicked in. "So you are an alien after all." Cade stated and shook his head. "But you're wrong. I was a hunter. Long time ago." was his simple excuse. And he knew one thing, he really was a hunter. But now he was only human with lots of sentiment and few faded memories.

Pathetic!

He was being pathetic.

And miserable.

With that and weak laughter still on his lips Cade sunk on the ground, shaking his head, and feeling like most ridiculous thing.
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Winter stopped, foot raised for another step when she heard him. Sighing, she realised that he was not whom she'd thought, and she lowered her foot to the ground quietly. Her heel make a small clack when it touched the hard stone of the road way. Winter distracted herself from his breathless laughter with the noises of the new world. The chirps of the birds that fluttered above head, the chatter of the humans running past, compeltely preoccupied with their own little realities. To busy to look up from their ringing cell phones, to busy chatting loudly, to busy giggling a man in a resteraunt.

To busy being human.

Winter walked back, crouching down beside the hunter. A fair distance away, of course. And her finger tips tapped lightly upon the hilt of the sword that she'd hadn't drawn. Which, was quite strange, as she so very often drew the sword upon any excuse really. Perhaps a part of her wanted him to be different. Wanted him to be unlike any and every other maddened hunter she'd ever encountered.

Oh, winter wasn't innocent. She wasn't a victim, wasn't someone that the world tore apart. She'd attacked them in turn, she'd killed more hunters then there were stars in the sky! Oh, but this one was different.

Perhaps he was broken.

but, he'd disarmed, and winter was one to keep her word. She'd teased him that she didn't introduce herself to men holding a gun to her head. She wasn't holding the gun anymore, so she'd keep her word. Whether he cared or not.

"My name is Winter. If you need a last name, Mills will have to do." Winter chuckled, tilting her head slightly with a mischivious smile once more "And yes, I am an alien. Hear me roar." Winter laughed, her tone taking such a turn from the hostility she displayed towards him when he was armed. It would be the wisest thing on his part for him to learn early on, that guns made Winter angry.

And an angry Winter was not something that would withstand to much of any human bullshit.

Perhaps he was indeed broken.

But that was perfectly fine.

Everyone was, in one way or another.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:03 am

Being done with the utmost humiliating tirade, and being able to pull together, Cade looked up. And just smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Winter Mills of an alien species. I'm Cade Foster, the alien hunter of long time ago, also known as a Subject 117 and Twice Blessed Man." he told, serious but with a trace of smile on his still young face.

And he already felt like he'd fallen out of his bed and into an Alice's Wonderland because actually meeting an alien that was unlike the Gua seemed slightly ridiculous. They were across the big pond, in England of all places. Who knew there were aliens. He always believed those were fiction, fairy tales of too distant from reality people and scientists that searched fellows in space. So what was he doing in this strange new world?

Right.

Waking up at hospital, after suspected plunge in the waters (of which he still frowned upon), and being put in rehab only to find his sister.

Right.

He was deemed suicidal because everyone except Michelle believed he'd tried to kill himself and forgot to count river currents.

Aha. Right. Total bullshit on a platter. Really. Absolute drama.

"So, how come you're here? On this planet, I mean. Between all these kettle-heads that forever will put you in a locker if they suspected even the slightest step outside the society created box." Foster asked out of the blue. He was suddenly overwhelmed by all the anger rising from old resentment and suppressed regret for not escaping the sick system when it was still possible.
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:01 pm

"My world was ending, 'twas dying in front of my eyes, so I left to survive. I could not bring the others with me, not that I would truly wish to. So, I am, as you say, the very last of my own kind. Ah, well, 'twas at my own hand anyway." Winter shrugged carelessly, like this didn't matter. Because it didn't. She'd heard of a man in a blue box, The Oncoming Storm, who was known not only for his rage and feircity, but for kicking up the drama about the fellow gallifrayens of his. How he had killed them, how he was the last, how tortured and sad he was.

Winter didn't care.

She would not be able to survive if she did. So she couldn't care, she was worth more alive. She hadn't lived through nearly ten thousand years worth of life, to die by her own hand, or to sink into the deepest depression, only to be slaughtered because her mind was else where.

No, she hadn't lived ten thousand years to die by such insignificant means. Winter reached out a hand, pulling him up to his feet. She disliked others on the ground around her, and Winter stood with him. It reminded her of her supposed status if she had remained on her own planet at her own young age. When she was his age, she was a queen to be.

Supposedly, but her mother had slaughtered her clan that Winter was to rule with time. This made her the title of Dishonored. Her official title, being The Dishonored Princess Of The Mountain Top Clan, Venak Hol.

She hated Princess, she quite preferred queen to be. But, dishonored as she was, this was irrelevant. If she was to do her complete formal title, it would be to long for one man or woman to say.

She had lived to long. Done to much.

"We aliens prefer to be called 'FutureKind', at least, my species did!" Winter chuckled lightly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 am

Cade listened with curiosity now. That story reminded him of the Gua, alien race that felt the temptation of power the way people on Earth sometimes do. Okay, more often, just humans didn't have the science and technology Gua had.

"It seems like the very beginning of every trouble in the universe. And at start everyone lives peaceful until the world for them ends or somebody else takes over the rock." Cade spoke, caring little that he sounded like an arse. Well, he's not particularly trying to be the polite, nice drone everyone except his sister believed he was.
The part of him, his darker side, that loved something less good was coming out of dormant period of years.

" 'FutureKind' sounds rather good. Sort of mischievous." the ex-hunter decided. And really, why not. She seemed sneaky mischievous type, probably all of her race were devious folks.
"One of a kind, you most definitely are. And I don't mind. Another invasion wouldn't do good for this planet. Even us living here feel like we shall start packing while this rock still spins." he said, now standing again on his feet. Well, this one had manners at least, somewhat. And somewhere inside Cade decided that this alien was worth to know better. Winter Mills was an interesting, ever-changing-mood and full of mischief. And also a survivor. Heck, he'd kill his own nation if it mean he could get away, now. Long ago he cared more about human race. Obviously a lot had changed while he floated waters someplace.
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Winter chuckled when he mumbled something that could possibly been seen as wise. A wise human. Ridiculous, really. Especially because he was talking himself into fantastic circles of tangled thoughts and netted ideas. Winter herself was known to be wise upon the occasion, but trully she quite enjoyed being childish and cruel instead. But, every now and again, a wise idea would slip from her lips. Specifically, if she were to meet one whom she quite found herself interested in upon.

Oh, Winter was a cruel and furious woman. Something that wasn't to be trifled with, having lost her humanity the passing years that time threw upon her. It was her defense, to be cold and detached from the world itself. But oh! why worry about such things in this precise moment! Winter's mind wandered far from her own personality, her own tendancies, or such habital ideas.

"Humans, sounds like hitting a pan with a sharp stick." Winter chuckled, finding amusment in his response. Oh, futurekind wasn't their species name, officially yes, but her species only obtained the title after Yana and his humans arrived and named them the enemy. He couldn't be blamed, really, they weren't a mischievious folk, but rather savage hunters whom tore the human stragglers to shreds. Low on food, and supplies, on a planet far to dead for farming. So, they'd hunted the humans. Called futurekind to distinct themselves from the humans that they so hunted. In the past, they had hunted another bug like, humanoid creature that colived on the planet. But, they were hunted to extinction, and the last one found refuse in the arms of the humans.

But, no futurekind were allowed to the base. And oh, winter had tried. She was so very different then the others of her species, and a whole species couldn't be judged and charged for the crimes of the others. Winter wasn't innocent, by all means. She had commited the same crimes, forced to hunt those around her or starve. Oh, now that was such a story!

"Are you asking me to invade your world?" Winter smiled, laughter in her tone. and a teasing look in her eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:45 am

Cade chucled at her words.  That sounded so spot-on. Mostly because his boss was like an old rat gotten to a huge piece of cheese and possibly felt like nothing in the world, not even an ex-convict/suspected whacko, would ever dare to to even look at him from their lower spots. Oh how wrong the guy had been. Cade has had done quite some mischief at his boss' office while the fat man was off. But that was only to make himself feel slightly less suffocated from sitting in his tiny broom-closet office space.

''Yeah, some days you wouldn't believe a spiecies with highest level of intellect could be so dumb and shallow that it would seem utterly stupid to even be here.'' he replied with a nonchalant shrug and slight eyeroll. Humans really tended to be weird at times.
Sharks And Minnows // Cade Foster Egg_0710
He briefly wondered about what Winter's spiecies was like. He new, so far, mostly ony the Gua and knew that while most of them were pure killing machines some were lot more rational and possessed more intelligence than average human. But they had been driven by their planet being destroyed and, after all, pure survival.

''Well.. not really. At least not until my paycheck comes in. After that day it usually gets rather boring so I'm up to some entertainment.'' Cade joked. But somewhat it still felt like truth because while his boss wasn't so bad of a chap, taking up Cade to his little firm, generally he was just a big fuss-about-his-pants and annoyance to everyone that got their offices small as the one Cade had gotten.
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 1:59 pm

"Who ever said humans were the species with the highest level of intellect?" Winter raised an eyebrow, grinning wide, and crossing her arms with a teasing grin. "Are you trying to claim you are smarter then I, human?" Winter tilted her head, amused with this man.

He wasn't something she'd seen before.

And, that was saying quite a lot, because as far as humans went, in the ten thousand years she had spent in her lifetime, they could easily be seperated into several, boring categories. With predictable, and boring results to any situation. Some were dreamers that walked through their day, to cowardly to do anything about it, and fencing themselves in a small plastic little box. Claiming that adventures were out of their reach, out of their touch. Some could be slightly different then the others, a few were flirty, some were sentimental, others fell in love with memories, in this manner they could be slightly distincted from others.

Perhaps she wasn't bored with humans. Perhaps she was bored with everyone.

Perhaps she was bored with the world. The universe. And everyone, and everything in it. What a chilling thought at first, to know that the worl had nothing left to offer her, that the entire universe in itself was already seen, already known by her eyes. But, as the idea eased itself in her mind, as most ideas did when they thought they wouldn't be noticed, it became a familiar feeling, empowering even.

The universe had nothing to offer her. Nothing would strike her in awe, shock her, amaze her, draw her eye. She was to old.

Winter leaned against the wall of the nearby building (the one she'd hung upside down from, in fact) and looked over her crossed arms with a little smirk. "I could do it you know, end the world. 'tis my thing." Winter lied. She didn't know why she lied, the words slipped through her lips before such words ran by her mind. It was a habit. But this little lie, wasn't that far off. She did end worlds, the ones that needed to be ended.

People couldn't hurt you, if they didn't know the real you. So, she lied.

Even Winter had lost her own personality, to far long ago was it. But, every so often, a small peice of her personality, her old one, the one that didn't see the world as bleak, cruel, heartless and shrewd as Winter's facades did. The part that still believed in love. In friendships. In the desire for happiness.

It was this small, shattered and fractured, injured and alone part of her own mind that threw it's shoulder's back, and shouted it's demands to the sky. Winter mused, deep in thought and smiling slightly at the horizon, eyes far off and face distracted. "I do not always, destroy or take over. I explore, and defend as well. I use a little invention, called a vortex manipulator to travel time and space." With this, she turned and looked Cade Foster in the eyes.

"You could come with." Winter offered, though it sounded like no offer ever heard before, as her tone was dream like, as if she was lost in her own musings.

-ooc
I'm so sorry about the super late reply!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Mon May 05, 2014 12:18 am

Cade smirked. "So if I was? It's not like I'm the President. Besides, as a Twice Blessed Man I can claim a bit more leverage. 'S'not as I was using my Chosen One privileges to anything." Foster pretended being absolute irony and sarcasm about his earlier predicament with the Gua and whatnot. Although he could imagine a kick to his shins from Michelle for such mouth-run. Clearly one person he had to consider before himself, his little sister.
Naw, Foster had seen world near its ending and it was a memory he still pondered over. Probably why sitting cooped up in a broom closet was making him feel surreal.

Cade nearly shook his head while suppressed the urge to just bash his skull in against the wall of the building his companion was leaning against now.

How could humanity not even notice its near-ending while locking him up as he'd been trying to prove 'em all too blind and shoved his truth?

Definitely not the smartest things around universe.

He considered her claim. And somehow totally believed. Although was surprised with the acceptance that came with it.
"I'm not sure why, but I don't doubt it a second." he simply said as if couldn't care less about such thing. "But I'm sure you don't really need to do this, at least not today." additional words fell out his lips before his previously banged and drowned brains could kick in with a filter.

And realization hit.

Death didn't scare him. Not anymore.

This incident had changed him even more than juvie or beatings, more than alien invasion.
All he needed was to suffer some mysterious incident and wake up half-drowned on the English coast.

As her words washed over he caught himself accepting this enormously sneaky, intriguing humanoid that Winter was. A being far older than anything he knew, but far wiser than anything will ever be. Probably.
"I could. Yes. Why not." Cade Foster simply said and tremendously shocked himself with such behavior.
He long wasn't twenty anymore, and, while still long till forty, he suddenly felt so much older.
"I guess some exploration cannot hurt much more as possible defense. I could ask you how Earth seem to you but I guess it would be rather useless. And that comes from man cooped up for hours every day in an office no bigger than a dorm closet while secretly reliving scenes from times long gone. Pathetic, I'd say." Foster made an attempt at justifying his lameness. Not too bright anymore, either. Nor awfully skilled, yet.
Was he been this dull back then too, or has this come after rehab?
There the ash-blonde ex-hunter had to think deeper, although it wasn't even important, at least not more than a passing sneeze during cold wind.

~~~~~~~~
Note: 's'okay. this made my otherwise slow day. I always expect some reply sooner or later
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:20 am

"Well now! If I had known that I was in the presence of The Chosen One!" Winter trailed off, making a show of faning herself with a hand and pretending that she was trying very hard not to faint. All with a grin, of course, personally, Winter did not see any particular reason the whole 'chosen one' thing as anything other then an incentive in a video game. A chosen one, a human? It seemed silly to her, especially when he announced his other nickname, The Twice Blessed Man

Personally, Winter thought that if one was thoroughly blessed the first time, a second would not need occur.

Winter chuckled and crossed her arms simply "No, I do not have to blow up this planet today." In truth, Winter didn't have to do anything in the slightest. She did as she pleased, and nothing else, certainly not responsibilities, moralities or such other things that tended to divert one's path or mind.

Winter blinked to his acceptance of her offer. She didn't give him time to back out, "Excellent choice! Oh, what trouble we can bring forth, alien hunter Foster!" Winter tapped upon her chin lightly, her mind to the stars, to the universes she could show him. It wasn't that she settled on one, after taking several points into the matter of debate. It was more, she had meant to go to that planet anyway, and thus, having someone tag along would not alter her original plans by to much of a degree.

Drawing forth a vortex manipulator from her belt, Winter's slender fingers danced across the buttons and switches, adding in coordinates for a rather good planet she knew of.. Mersey, oh, what FUN that would be!

She had always wondered if, in fact, her adventures would be more interesting with another at her side. Though, of course, she supposed it came with problems. She'd have to keep up with him, but then again, he'd watch her back. Perhaps it would be worth it, eventually.

"Are you ready?" Winter asked, not listening in the least bit to his ramble about dorm closets and reliving scenes from the past, something about being pathetic. She had NEVER had a thing for those who lingered in the past for so long.

- ooc
My apologies once again, in all honesty, I've been trying to crank out this post for a while, and just found that this topic has no muse for me. Perhaps we can end it very soon, and start a new one, where they arrive to the planet Mersey?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cade Foster Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:34 am

Cade chuckled with a slightly ashamed feeling.
Oh he was once "titled" as that. "Oh, that's just something that stuck from that old alien argument. I had actually been tested by them, unawares, and later it came out. However, I use those titles just for fun.
I shall be better named The Guy With Many Second Chances."
the man told, slill slightly remorseful. Not that receiving those chances wasn't good, just a bit hopeless feeling it left behind.

Cade smirked at her joy. And quite honest he was indeed surprised about himself.
Usually it was a past thing to run into whatever adventures because for most part it was basic fear that came with ageing and less the fear of unknown danger.
He tried to tell himself and sound believable he was still young enough and that the youth in him means exactly that.

So far his biggest oponent was pain from old injuries and brain issues due to that water adventure.

Aside that, all those impossible human issues that no other that humans themselves would understand they've been constantly whining about, Cade felt the old self of his stirr once again. He felt his natural Hunter poke out of the shell of the sleep and peek around in anticipation.

"Well, I am still a hunter I once used to be. I was born ready. I hope my sister won't get mad but I really need to smell some fresh air and find adventure." he said running a nervously agitated hand through his short hair, still long enough to make a mess about it, and laughed, "Well, let's go then!" Cade clasped his hands together and looked forward to the fun.

♤♡♢♧♤♡♢♧
Note: Yes, we can end this topic. And start a new one. I was away too long. And its okay, np, post when you can.
Cade Foster
Cade Foster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down