Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites
A Toast to You// Loki Button10

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

A Toast to You// Loki

2 posters

Go down

A Toast to You// Loki Empty A Toast to You// Loki

Post by Steve Rogers Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:20 pm

A Toast to You// Loki Realfinalproduct_zpse621674f

Leave it to SHIELD to have a secret bar hidden away in their flying base with a required security level to even know about it. It seemed like every where he turned, there was some sort of red tape thrown up. Most of it seemed unnecessary, though he was assured time and time again that they had rules here for a reason. But, come on. A secret bar? Wasn't that a little pointless?

Don't get him wrong, Steve understood why secrecy was needed. His work with the Howling Commando hadn't been common knowledge among the army. It was widely believed that it was the Nazi's Steve and his team were hunting, only a handful of people even knowing about Hydra and Schmidt. He had respected that; Schmidt wasn't someone the general public needed to know about.

Similar situations, Steve could see why there was a need for a bunch of red tape and secrets. No need to get the public into a panic or pull attention away from another important goal. SHIELD, however, seemed to love putting restrictions on everything. He couldn't talk about this or hear about that. And this was supposed to be a law enforcement agency?

Walking into the secret bar, Steve let blue eyes sweep over the room, looking for anything that might update the security level of this location. It was mostly empty, but Steve couldn't find anything that would suggest this was anything other than a regular bar.

Giving up for now, he strode his way to the bar, taking a seat on one of the stools. He felt a little out of place as everyone else was in some sort of suit. Steve was dressed down today in a simple pair of khakis cinched at his waist by a black belt. A red checkered button up shirt was shoved into the waistband of his pants with the buttons done up to his collar to cover his white tshirt. The long sleeves were left down with the cuffs buttoned closed. He was carrying his leather jacket at the moment, not needing it for the chill.

Steve let the jacket rest on one of the free seats next to him. He wasn't expecting anyone to join him and there was plenty of space in the bar for other patrons to sit.
"What can I get you?" Steve looked up see the bartender had noticed his presence and was now standing in front of him.

Giving a little smile, Steve inclined his head towards the tap.
"Just a beer, please," Steve was given a little smile in return. A cold beer was set in front of him not moments later and while Steve didn't actually know what kind it was, it was pretty darn good. Probably European, if he was tasting correctly.
Steve Rogers
Steve Rogers
Empress of Shipping

£ : 20043

Back to top Go down

A Toast to You// Loki Empty Re: A Toast to You// Loki

Post by Loki Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:12 am

A Toast to You// Loki 621871-loki_loki_thor_2011_21916698_333_591
The top secret SHIELD bar for no super villains was a place that Loki liked to hang out in. It was so secret that not even all of their men knew about it and thus, it was even more amusing that the trickster had managed to find a way in. Electronics were easy to fool and since he could take on some many faces, there was little difficult for him to get in so he could be nice and close to the people he was probably going to be fighting in a few months time. Because making it seem like he was still in jail was getting a bit tedious. He had to spend so many hours there, waiting, passing time. Honestly, how prisoners managed to just calmly sit there escaped him. Especially when there were nice little breaks and cracks in the security. Well, breaks that Loki himself could wriggle through.

But that didn't matter now as he was on the flying fortress of the mortals and striding through the corridors, completely at ease. Today he had decided to go with a male form, although he had turned up as a woman on several occasions. He smirked. Even his own form could not contain him. Why did the mortals and the Allfather think that a cell could do as such. He was a being of Chaos, mischief. His tongue may be like a snake but so was his entire being. Containment was not something that entered his mind. Not unless he wanted to be contained, at least.

Dressed smartly like the rest of the agents, he moved with grace, a tall and slightly thin figure with a head full of ginger hair and pale blue eyes. Entering the bar with a minor trick, he looked around, taking in the scene. It always paid to know what was around you before and today it finally paid off. An Avenger was here and a smile crept upon his face. It was about time that he caught up with one of them and it seemed that today he would face the super soldier, the man out of time. Placing a neutral expression on his face, he strode forwards and changed the way he walked. Now he looked like he had a busy day at work and needed a rest.

Pulling up to the bar, he took a seat and the bartender came over and questioned what beverage he would like. Loki was used to the small range that was offered on Asgard, drinks made from honey, barley and hops. Mead, ale, brandy, beer. There was a larger range of drinks here on Midgard. Not all of them pleasant as he had found out. And what the mortals thought of as mead was surprisingly different. It didn't even make it to paling in comparison to that of Asgard. Or maybe he was just biased.
"Why don't you pick me a nice surprise, I've had a busy day," He said, voice sounding exhausted and his posture  slightly hunched.

Twenty three seconds passed.

Loki turned his head and looked towards Captain America, allowing himself a small frown and then a blink of recognition.
"You're Captain America, sir," He said, forcing himself to be polite. No doubt the agency put the costumed heroes above all their agents and so to maintain cover he would have to be polite. Besides, by acting polite, he could get more information out of the Super Soldier. After all, he needed to know how to take the man down for their next meeting.

Loki - The God of Mischief
Loki
Loki

£ : 20824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Rogers Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:55 pm

For a while, Steve sat alone in silence, with only his quickly diminishing beer as company. Everyone seemed to be content being on their own, as Steve couldn't hear any conversations going on around him. Only the subtle clink of glassware reverberated around the room. Now and again, the bartender would pass by with a friendly word, but Steve never went beyond a polite answer back.

Steve couldn't honestly say he was enjoying the solitude so much as he was simply letting it happen. Most of his free time nowadays was spent by himself; it was something he beginning to get used to. Sometimes, he even preferred it. Because when he was alone he didn't need to worry about all the missed references or people treating him like the saint he wasn't. He was allowed to make mistakes and learn without being treated like some dumb child who couldn't understand what was going on. When he was alone, he could just be Steve. Not Captain America.

It was a tiring mantel to hold. His name meant something different to everyone he encountered and he was expected to hold up the values they gave America. Back when he first wore the cowl, it had been relatively easy. The majority of the American people saw him the same way. He was to be a man ready to defend freedom and democracy at all costs. Those had meant the same to nearly everyone he encountered, but now it seemed as no one could agree anymore on what freedom or democracy was anymore. And there was pressure from all over to follow this set of values instead of the next.

Steve chased his growing anxiety down with a particularly large swallow of beer as a man sat down near by. Giving the man a quick glance, he could physically see the exhaustion he himself felt at the moment. He let the man order before signaling for another beer himself, finishing off the rest of his glass. And if the sound of his code name made him pause for a fraction of a second while pushing his empty beer to the side, well, Steve didn't dwell on it.

Turning his body a quarter to the left, he straightened out his back and lifted his chin. A smile found it's way to his lips.
"Yes, sir," he said, wiping his hand off on his pants to dry off the condensation. He held it out in front of him, turning more fully in his seat so he and the man were face to face. "But please, call me Steve."
Steve Rogers
Steve Rogers
Empress of Shipping

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:22 am

A Toast to You// Loki 621871-loki_loki_thor_2011_21916698_333_591Acting; it was all just trickery and lies. And take it out of stage, then it was mischief as well. In most occasions at least. So in other words, he was brilliant at acting, if he did say so himself. It was incredibly rare that anyone would see past his performances and her certainly didn't expect to have any troubles here. He had spent enough time getting to know the bar in the flying fortress that he knew the attitude, the appearance, the general way of life. It was using this as a cloak that he was going to be able to get answers from Captain American, to be able to find out what weaknesses this mortal possessed. Already the patriotic hero had proved that he was capable of surviving; he made is way from what Loki had heard was called a World War and into what was now a present. Not an easy feat for a mortal. And most importantly, he had not been killed while facing an army of Chitauri. Obviously the man had strengths but the cracks in the armour would be there.

Receiving the drink, Loki performed his usual check (looking out for poisons), nothing the mortals had would kill him but he didn't want to deal with a stomach complaint while pretending to be stuck in a cell. No doubt the guards would alert the king and one way or another, his little trips would come out. Although, he did miss his full freedom. But when he revealed the fact that he was not contained, he wanted to do it with more flair. That was his way after all. Maybe breaking out with a dragon. That would make a beautiful good bye present. He would have smirked at the thought if it wouldn't have broken his current disguise.

Deciding that the drink was safe, Loki took a sip. The men of Midgard drank sparingly unless in competition, he had found out from observations. And here they were even more careful. In the end, it was their work place. And a work place that was incredibly hard to get into. Not many drank alcohol like they could drink soft drinks. And even less flaunted with the link between a good drink and becoming intoxicated. Due to his own biology, the trickster could manage a lot more than these mortals but that would give him away. The drink was pleasant and he allowed a small smile to pass over his face and a nod to the bartender who moved on, seemingly happy with another happy customer. How mortals could live with such ignorance and bliss was beyond him and he took another sip.

Blue eyes had become fixed on Steve with a kind of wonder in them as soon as he had addressed the hero. The mortals worshiped their heroes, he knew this. The key was to put the right amount into his disguised features. It was like cooking. All the ingredients had to be carefully measured and prepared. At being addressed as sir, Loki could have smirked. That single word had taught him quiet a bit about the man known as Captain America. He was polite and very likely kindly to the lower ranks. Typical in a 'good mortal' these days. It was sickening. Still, he made his face into one of delight and honour at being address as sir. Then surprise came across him as he was told that he could even refer to the man as Steve. Well, this day was going to go faster with formalities thrown out the window.

"It's such an honour Capta... Steve. I... I can't find the right words to express my gratitude," He pretended to stutter out. Flattery got you everywhere so long as you played it right.
"Please, call me Tom." He said after barely any pause, continuing to beam at the hero.

"I've seen you before, there and about. I don't suppose you've noticed me, though. I honestly can't believe that I'm getting to meet you, sir... Steve." He continued. He didn't exactly enjoy the role but he loved playing a different character to get to others. To watch how easily he could manipulate them. He knew that a lot of other agents were more fond of Steve than the other heroes. Stark was a billionaire and didn't get on with others, Black Widow and Hawkeye where their own, the green monster was more likely to keep to himself (and you certainly didn't want a mission that involved the monster) and then there was Steve. The first hero as such. The patriotic man who always put others lives before him and was never swayed from 'good'. In other words, the best back up and best ideal of hero in their mind. Loki could play with that.

Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Rogers Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:25 am

Steve supposed he should have been more used to people becoming star struck around him. It wasn't like it was a new concept for him, after all. Captain America had been created as a symbol of hope and the personification of American values; he was meant to be looked up to and be an idol for people. After he really started fighting, his fame only skyrocketed. Everyone seemed to want his autograph and to shake his hand like being in his presence would suddenly turn them into a supersoilder themselves. And being frozen for seventy years didn't put a dent in his fame.

But, no matter how often he was confronted by a new fan, Steve was always humbled. He had joined the army to make a difference in the world and he had gotten his wish; tenfold. Hearing story after story about how his bravery and spirit inspired some young kid to stand up and make their own difference reminded him of just how important his work had been. Yes, he'd kept the free world safe from tyranny, but that was a necessary objective. Reminding the guy down on his luck that he could get back up on his feet was an amazing benefit.

Looking at Tom, Steve had to smile at his nervous energy. People liked to forget there was a man under that cowl and that he wasn't much different than them. He wasn't sitting up on some pedestal waiting for people to worship at his feet. Anyone could have stepped up and done what he had. Hell, there were other men in the trial who could have gotten picked over him and one of them would be standing here today and not Steve. He wasn't so special.

"I'm sure I've seen you a few times in passing," Steve assured, letting his eyes scan over the man's face. There were so many people bustling about and he didn't know the names of everyone, making it hard to remember who he's seen and who he hasn't. He felt a little bad for not remembering if he'd seen the guy around or not, as it seemed to be important to him. "But, it's nice to finally meet you, Tom."

Steve stopped to take a sip of his beer before settling sideways into his chair a little more. The rungs on the side of the stool were a little higher, making his long legs scrunch up slightly as he rested his feet. A hand rested on the top of his thigh while the other balanced on the bar to keep him steady. "Are you a field agent?" he asked, trying to push the conversation away from him.

Jobs were something that had drastically changed over the past seventy years. Looking at a job market list was like a vocabulary test for him. And that was just the civilian jobs. SHIELD had so many kinds of techs and operatives running about with all different kinds of titles and jobs. He liked listening to the agents talk about their different duties and responsibilities. Usually, he could swindle them into teaching him something new. Most of his knowledge on how to work modern day technology came from him playing around with SHIELD equipment. Besides, most of the equipment was just plain neat.

Steve Rogers
Steve Rogers
Empress of Shipping

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:46 am

A Toast to You// Loki Loki_captured_2_by_loki_pls-d6smkn4Amusement worked its way through his gut like a fish that had gone off; every so present and dark. Ready to spew out of him. It amused him to play with this man, to toy with him like a cat with a mouse. That was his way and he would not forsake it, even for all the realms in the world tree. True, this was not tricking a fellow god, such as his brother but this mortal had managed to defeat him. He made a worthy toy for one such as Loki.

For all that, he could have grinned like a Cheshire Cat at the response that the good Captain gave. The lie that the man told to a supposed fan to give him good cheer and hope. A public face. So that was what this man had to keep up. And did it bother him? Or was this all just part of the kindness and mortals liked to show to one another? Was that the only intent of hero? To be kind and give happiness? Not to keep the men on his side?

He would remember that.

Putting his face into one of delight, the trickster made his smile positively glowing with happiness and his eyes sparkling with it. No doubt any ordinary man would react so starstruck and it would add to the flattery (and possibly guilt) that he was giving to try and find out what weakness this hero had. Already there was possibly having to keep up public appearances.

At the question, the lie sprung naturally to his lips with barely any thought. It was child's play.
"Working towards that. Only been out on one or two missions. My father, he was rather young during the war, couldn't sign up at all. He joined the Home Guard with his grandfather, they lived in England, you see. And Dad always said he loved watching the movies they had about you and the news clips with you and that was what motivated him to do his bit for the effort. After that he moved to America and I grew up hearing all these stories about you. I wanted to be like that. To be strong enough, brave enough, to go into the front lines and protect the world. I was lucky enough to end up here and now I just need to improve so I can be good enough to be a full time field agent."

The lie was spoken smoothly, with enough linking to the hero and a bit of background knowledge. Loki had been careful to research this as much as possible. The mortal internet was a playground and very useful for the god. Now was the time to put the information to the test.

((Note: So sorry about the delay. My muse left me.))
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down