Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites
Mutant Banquet // Percy Evan Button10

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Mutant Banquet // Percy Evan

Go down

Mutant Banquet // Percy Evan Empty Mutant Banquet // Percy Evan

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:27 am

Getting ready to go to the banquet for all the new arrival mutants, Charlotte decided to do her hair. She put curls in it and wore a pale pink dress that was flowing and fit around her waist. Smiling lightly at the elegance of it, she took a deep breath as she went down to the hall where it was held. Noticing that the speech was about to commence where they brought in all the new people, she knew that the dance was going to be a bit stressful. The new people always had to ask one of the veterans to dance with them and she hoped no one weird was going to ask her.

Sitting down at the table, everyone began clapping when one of the council members stood up and began to speak. "Welcome! Allow us to present our newest mutants to the UK center academy of Mutants!" Clapping along with every one, she smiled as the crowd of new people began to come in. Taking a sip from her wine, she slouched back in her seat, realizing that she was sitting with people whom she had never met before. Frowning, she sighed. She didn't exactly make friends easily, especially here in London where she was sort of the rookie again in a way.

Sitting back and watching everyone arrive, she kept her eyes closed as she listened, sighing. She had invited a "date" to come with her, who was sitting with her, but he was just some bloke whom she met and got along with okay. She didn't really like him, and it was really all just so she wouldn't be going to the event by herself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Mutant Banquet // Percy Evan Empty Re: Mutant Banquet // Percy Evan

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:16 am

Percy really had not wanted to go to this banquet thing. But apparently it was compulsory, so he'd dressed up in a suit and allowed himself to be dragged along. Not that he'd really had any choice in the matter, but whatever. People were telling him he wouldn't regret it, that perhaps he'd meet someone. He frowned at that and said nothing, although he knew that unless Charlie was there, he wouldn't 'meet someone' in the way that everyone else was thinking.

When clapping was heard from the room, he and the other 'new' mutants went through, taking seats at the table. He was oblivious to his surroundings for the most part, because he was too busy thinking about how boring this might end up being. A low sigh left his lips as he took a sip of the glass of wine that was promptly placed in front of him. He grinned. He did love wine, admittedly, although that was probably the same for most alcohol. He wouldn't drink it a lot, but when it was a special occasion he most definitely did.

Percy looked around, trying to spot his friends (more like acquaintances but whatever, at least he knew some people here). He failed, though, because they had blended in well, chatting to others at the table. His eyes moved down the table and there, opposite and exactly two seats away from where he was sitting, was a very familiar face. And, despite the fact that he'd joked inside his head about her being here, he was shocked and happy and confused and joyful to see her. But he remained frozen, his eyes wide. He forced his eyes back down to the table and took a long sip of wine, before looking back at her again. Is that really Charlie...?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:24 am

What in the world just happened? For a moment, Charlie had completely slipped from reality and found herself zoning out as she stared down at her dinner platter, unsure of what to say or do. Her date had nudged her a couple of times, to which she quickly shook him off, disregarding him completely. He had asked her if she had wanted to dance, which she replied solemnly with "I don't like to dance." Not with people I don't like anyways...

When her head had popped up though, she blinked heavily, seeing someone stare back at her. She watched them for a few moments wondering who it was for a moment... and suddenly her eyes widened. "Percy," she whispered to herself, standing up almost immediately. Was it really him? She continued to stare at him for a long moment, biting her lip as her fingers began to tap involuntarily against the table.

...He grew a beard!? she then realized. Ugh, when was he going to get it through his head that the beard did not work for him? All throughout their teenage years, she always teased him about how she would never let him have one, and the first moment she's away in the UK, he goes and grows one. Oh, how typical of him, she laughed to herself. He better shave that off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:38 am

Percy was frozen still, and in a hell of a lot of shock. Charlie...oh my God. It's actually, properly Charlie! Come on, Percy, snap out of it! Get up, say something, do something, but for God's sake, you have to react in some kind of way. Don't just sit there like an idiot!!! His mind was screaming at him, and eventually, Percy got to his feet, his eyes wide and still on Charlie. For a moment, his lips twitched into a smile...except when his eyes fell onto the guy with her. She had a date. Possibly a boyfriend. And an attractive one, at that. Percy, as much as he tried, couldn't stop his face from falling.

Well, he hadn't expected her to like him in that way, and it had been years since they'd seen each other. Why would she have waited for him? He knew that. He knew she had a perfect right to have a boyfriend. But that didn't stop anger boiling up inside of him and jealousy brewing just as quickly too. He eyed the man suspiciously, trying to figure out if he was a good guy or not. Unfortunately, though, sizing him up wasn't working. Finally, Percy settled his gaze back on Charlie and he arched a brow at her. Finally, suddenly not knowing what else to do, Percy murmured to his friend that he needed some air, and he walked towards the balcony.

Thankfully there was a balcony, or a veranda as some people called it. Otherwise he would have had to go straight to the exit. He was too lazy to do that. He pushed the door and exited, breathing in the cold night air. Charlie. That was the only thing running through his mind. Okay, so he'd overdone it. He was jealous, and yet he hadn't seen her in ages. But honestly, Percy had not known what else to do. He leaned on the veranda rails, looking out at the view. It was lit up; pretty, and calming. Percy sighed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:45 am

Something was wrong and Charlie wasn't quite sure what exactly to do at that point. She could see some hurt in his eyes, but she wasn't quite sure what it was about. Was he mad that she hadn't told him she'd be here? She didn't even know he'd be here! She was under the impression that she'd have to wait at least a whole 'nother year to see him again. Frowning when he had fixed his eyes on here and said that he needed air, she took note that he couldn't have exited the hall any faster than he had. Something was definitely wrong.

As she quickly went to go after him, she felt a hand tug on her wrist. It was James, the man whom she took as a date. "Where you going babe?" he asked, frowning. "To see my friend," she replied with a cold gaze, pulling her arm back. "You can leave if you like. I only brought you because I didn't know anyone here," she glowered. The guy was tool anyways. She quickly followed after Percy toward the balcony, where she slowly approached and opened it silently.

Seeing him at the edge, looking over the view, she bit her lip, unsure of what she should say. A million things were running through her head and she couldn't pin point which ones were proper to say to an old friend she hadn't seen in years. "Percy," she started out, closing the door behind her. The chilliness of the outside made her shiver a bit. She had forgotten to bring a jacket when she arrived to the hall, since it was part of the academy. "Are you okay...?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:57 am

Percy exhaled, trying to calm himself down. That guy in there...as he looked back, now, he had the feeling that he wasn't a good guy. A tool, a player. But then again, perhaps it was just his jealousy talking. He sighed and rested his head in his hands, rubbing his hands over his face for a moment, before letting them drop. The view was helping clear his head, as was the cold chill in the air. He winced ever so slightly as it occured to him; the chill reminding him of a cold, harsh reality, he thought to himself. Ouch.

When he heard the familiar and yet slightly different voice from behind him, Percy froze again, his heart leaping to his throat. He swallowed and closed his eyes for a couple seconds, before they flew open and he suddenly realized he could move again. He turned to face her, his eyes slightly wide. He bit his lip, forcing words rather violently up his throat. He had to face this sooner or later, and while later would have given him more time, it had to be sooner. "Charlie." he said quietly, a small smile forcing it's way onto his lips.

It was taking every inch of him not to just run up to her and pick her up in a hug, and whirl her round and tell her just how much he had missed her. But no, he wasn't going to. He wasn't sure how much had changed. "I'm fine." he said at last. "I can't believe you're actually here, though." Percy added, changing the subject so that it wouldn't exactly be a lie. His face cracked into a huge grin. "This is such a great coincidence." he said, the sparkle in his eyes returning. He had missed her, so very much.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:06 am

Smiling when she saw the glimmer return to his eyes after he had spoke, in the back of her mind, she still felt something was wrong. She kept a grin on her face though, trying her hardest to contain the excitement that she was feeling within her. "It's great to see you," she added with a light chuckle. "I hadn't expected you'd be here so soon... why did you write me?" she asked, taking a step toward him. Taking a closer look at him, she noticed all the subtle aging that had taken over his face.

There was a slight sadness in his eyes, as though he went through something, although she wasn't sure what. His face had matured slightly since they've last met and his hair had darkened slightly and he grew a beard. So much about him was different, and here she was, still petite and looking the same. After approaching him when taking a few steps, she stopped directly in front of him and continued to look at him, just observing him and the way he was acting. Someone hurt him... she murmured to herself. Someone broke his heart... and she had no idea that it was her.

"So... you actually grew it out, huh?" she pointed to his beard lightly, with a laugh. "I always hated beards... they're prickly and itchy and hurt when you kiss people," she teased lightly, hoping to relieve the tension. Her smile faltered again once more though, feeling an awkwardness between them. Had so much really changed between them to the point where they couldn't lift each other's spirits? She felt horrible for feeling as though they've grown apart. "A-are you sure you're okay?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:14 am

Percy smiled at her. When she asked her question, however, his smile faltered. He couldn't tell her the real reason; he thought she deserved better people in her life, and that she wouldn't want to hear from him. "Sorry, Charlie, I wish I had." he said simply, not answering her question but not avoiding it, either. He was good at doing that when he wanted to. As he looked at her, he noticed that she was pretty much exactly the same as she had been last time; her hair was a teensy bit longer, and her eyes showed a bit more mature age, but apart from that, same old Charlie.

She took a few steps towards him, and he watched her quietly, taking her in. He was glad that she was the same old Charlie; change was a part of life, granted, but he...stupidly enough, he would rather they changed together. Percy knew he had matured since they had last met, but at least he was still recognizable...Charlie was exactly the same, and that made him relieved and happy, because...he kind of wanted to watch her as the little changes happened. That was silly, but he didn't care.

At her comment about his beard, he laughed, remembering how she always used to say he couldn't grow one, and he nodded. When she mentioned how she hated beards, Percy grinned teasingly. "I may just have to shave it then. Either that, or never ever kiss anyone ever again." he said, shrugging and smirking. But...you want to kiss Charlie, right? And there it was again...the nagging voice from his head all those years ago, the one that had made him come to terms with his feelings for Charlie. Percy took a step towards her, and hugged her when she asked if he was okay. "I'm always okay." he murmured softly. "Oh Charlie, I've missed you."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:14 am

"Well that doesn't sound very fun at all, not kissing anyone..." she laughed lightly as she looked at him. Sure the beard was different, but it was still her Percy underneath it. When she had asked if he was okay once more, she was then pulled into a well needed embrace, which she closed her eyes to, holding onto him tightly. "Oh, I missed you too, Percy..." she leaned her head into his chest, taking a deep breath. He still smelled the same as before she had moved to London.

Pulling away for a moment and looked out to the view, realizing how cold it was out here as she cradled her hands around her arms when she folded them. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and then looked back at him. "I know something's wrong. I can tell when something's bothering you. Someone hurt you..." she spoke quietly, shaking her head. "Please don't lie to me. Tell me what's going on, okay?" She had a pit in her stomach speaking to him. She wasn't quite sure why though...

Something inside of her was going absolutely crazy and she wanted to scream. She had missed this man so much and she had never realized just how much until now. It was as though her heart was pounding so fast, she would have a heart attack while her mind grew bitter at the thought of someone hurting her Percy. Lightly placing her hand over his, she bit her lip. "Please don't lie to me."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:38 am

Percy shrugged. "I'm not that into kissing anyway. On the account of the fact that I'm waiting for 'the perfect match' to come along. Do you believe in soulmates, Charlie?" he asked curiously. While he definitely wanted his soulmate to be Charlie, he didn't think she felt the same way about him that he felt about her. One would argue that he should just ask her, but he didn't want to make things awkward between them, and plus they'd only just seen each other again after all these years.

Taking notice of the fact that Charlie was cold, Percy took off his jacket and placed it lightly around her shoulders, giving her a small smile. He was wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt, and plus he never really felt the cold, so it didn't matter much to him. Perhaps he was just better at holding off the coldness. He wasn't really sure. Besides, Charlie's health and such was far more important than his own, he knew that full well. When she started saying someone had hurt him, though, Percy's eye sparkle faded and he glanced away. She was asking him not to lie to her, but how could he tell her the truth?

Her hand was suddenly on his, and Percy moved his own hand to hold Charlie's tightly. He kept his gaze on the view, though, not looking at her (since he found himself unable to) as he spoke, and he couldn't help or stop his tone from being bitter. "So, I see you had a date with you in there...who is he? Your boyfriend? Seemed a nice guy." that last part was a lie, but what else was Percy supposed to say? He didn't want to upset Charlie by saying her date seemed like a douche.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:19 am

"Soul mates... I don't know, Percy," she shrugged at the idea. "Although I do believe there is an intended person in the world for you, it all depends on who you talk to and how you get along with them I suppose," she nodded. When Percy had taken his jacket off and wrapped it around her, she smiled as she looked up at him. Her hand was holding his tightly, without even realizing it as she continued to listen to what he had to say.

He looked away from her and she frowned. Something was really bugging him and she couldn't figure out what it was as her hand squeezed his a bit more. "You can tell me..." she murmured as she continued to watch him. He was the only person who she actually cared about. Studying his face, she could see that there was a conflict going on. Did she do something? Was he not expecting to see her? And suddenly, he asked about her boyfriend.

She blinked for a moment unsure of ho to respond. "Oh, him..? He's a friend... but I asked him to leave because I just... I don't know. I don't like him. He's not that nice of a person," she sighed. "What about you? Find anyone..?" she had a disheartening tone to her voice. She was quite afraid of hearing his answer honestly. She wasn't quite sure how she'd react to finding out that Percy was seeing anyone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down