Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites
Oliver 'Shade' Evans Button10

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Oliver 'Shade' Evans

2 posters

Go down

Oliver 'Shade' Evans Empty Oliver 'Shade' Evans

Post by Oliver 'Shade' Evans Tue May 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Oliver 'Shade' Evans
Oliver 'Shade' Evans Shade-main
“I wonder why I'm still running when I know there's no escaping.”

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.

Full Name: Oliver 'Shade' Evans
Nicknames/Aliases: Shade.
Home Town: Classified.

I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.

Species: Human/Mutant?
Sexual Preference: Bisexual.
Marital Status: Single.
Ethnicity: English.
Eye Colour: Brown.
Hair Colour: Brown.
Defining Features: none as of yet.
Face Claim: Ryan Donowho.

Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. Give me time. And a crayon.

Personality: Oliver has changed a lot over the years. He was always a bit determined and stubborn. He has his own share of problems as he still dislikes using his power actively but has years ago accepted using his abilities to stop his friends from needing to. He hides his true self under layers and layers of pretending to be similar to others as he honestly doesn't know if he could ever return back to his family having in the end started to feel good about doing things that used to horrify him and he had to force himself to do them long ago. He doesn't mind doing anything he needs to do to complete the mission, they back then that mission was survival and he has experience in a lot of things. Infiltration, seduction and at least once breaking someone. He joined S.H.I.E.L.D. to atone for things and to hopefully find himself.

Skills and Talents: Oliver is quite skilled at infiltration, but quite weak physically. His hand-to-hand skill sucks and has only passable aim for weaponry. With his talent for infiltration he's skilled at putting on a mask and completely changing the way he acts so that he won't be caught. He was higher than average computer skills as that makes it easier to gather information and while he wouldn't necessarily sell any information he finds he will try to use it to help him manipulate things to improve the situation of those he wishes to protect. He can improve his hand to hand combat using his abilities but only works when against a very small group of enemies.

Powers: Oliver has some telepathy, but it's much more mild than the standard. He can't listen to a person's thoughts but can listen to the feel of a crowd, this can be quite helpful in helping him gauge how alert people are or if they noticed him he can't ferret out information that they are thinking about. His other ability based on this same telepathy is more similar to illusions and he can implant suggestions into people's minds, though it has limitations he can't do crowds of people, it should be believable or they'll notice and be on guard for it and if the person has mental shields it can be impossible to send the suggestion through and they'll notice his attempts.

Family don't end with blood, boy.

Parents: Blood unknown, grew up in a foster family after being in an orphanage.
Siblings: No known blood siblings, foster family would presumably have at least 1 other child.
Other Important Figures: Oliver has a few close friends who developed abilities and ended up leaving home. I haven't yet figured out much about them but it opens up the probability of others creating them with no bias.
History: Oliver spent the early years of his life at an orphanage before being welcomed to a loving home by a foster family. He ended up gathering friends at school and was able to relate to many different types of people which in turn fostered their own interaction with others. While Oliver was never really a leader to any of those groups he was like an emulsifier which let the groups mix and combine into other groups. Around puberty he found he had gained certain abilities, he could limitedly sense others locations in regard to him and occasional feel a bit more. It took him awhile before he discovered that his power was more than just a sensing one.

During high-school he thought it weird how certain things happened to him, and for awhile thought he was just lucky. He was able to get out more books than others were, getting his preference for dinner more often, and being able to get out of fights with limited damage. It wasn't until he was able to redirect his foster brother from wanting to play a game with him as he wasn't in the mood to go outside and try to find one of his friends that he had realised that he was able to influence peoples thoughts. This make him panic and he quickly became quite despondent around his friends. Around this time some of his friends were having difficulties as well. Unknown to him until now he wasn't the only one to gain powers, and several of his friends could no longer stay at home whether it was because they got kicked out, they didn't want anyone to see as they could no longer hide their changes, or any other reasons.

Because of this around his 16th birthday he and some of the others left notes behind and left their hometown to find a place for them in the world. They ended up drifting around, some of them including Oliver studied when they could as they knew they would likely need to actually graduate secondary school at some point. During this time he found himself falling into a leadership role as he protected those close to him. They had several run ins and adventures during this period of time where they developed their powers a bit and met both good, evil and neutral people with similar abilities. It has been 3 years since he had left home and he didn't really want to continue leading this group as while it was a good thing to do he knew he could do more. As a few had left the group and there wasn't that many left, though they had gained a few others he left to find his own place.

Less than a year later he signed up to S.H.I.E.L.D., he knew that he was more suited to the infiltration and deep cover missions as he had gained lots of practice while helping his friends survive the events they've been through and while he wants to help the world and hopefully atone for some of the things he had done, he also would like to find some answers. As what are the chances of several mutants coming from an orphanage that no longer exists and grew up together relatively close by to one another. He has purposely cut all contact with those he knew in the past as it will make it easier for him to go undercover after he completes training, and had long ago separated himself from his family and past and took on an alias.

Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on.

Alias: Orion.
Contact Information: PM.
Other Characters: Tobias Wolfe.
How Did You Find Us?

I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger shall know no bounds," but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers.

Roleplay Sample: This is compulsory for all canon characters. OC's can opt out. The sample should reflect what an average length post of yours looks like.

Credit goes to Theta of CAUTION 2.0
Edits by Miss Calypso
Oliver 'Shade' Evans
Oliver 'Shade' Evans

£ : 18324

Back to top Go down

Oliver 'Shade' Evans Empty Re: Oliver 'Shade' Evans

Post by Svetlana Orlova Wed May 07, 2014 12:05 am

Well you're just adorable. Don't let Agent Moran catch you though - she's been dying to get her hands on a new rookie to tortu- ahem, I mean teach...

~*~
Accepted! Smile Add yourself to all the correct lists and then you're free to start writing! Don't forget to add an avatar and link your intro in your profile. Have fun!
Svetlana Orlova
Svetlana Orlova
Tsaritsa of Shipping

£ : 19300

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver 'Shade' Evans Wed May 07, 2014 12:09 am

Thanks for the advice, I might her let her catch me though if she performs adequately enough, as that sounds fun.
Oliver 'Shade' Evans
Oliver 'Shade' Evans

£ : 18324

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum