Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites
Didn't I Create You? // Shadow Button10

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow

Go down

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow Empty Didn't I Create You? // Shadow

Post by Loki Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:58 am

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow 621871-loki_loki_thor_2011_21916698_333_591
The human world had thrown up something interesting. Or rather regurgitated it. While walking around, disguised of course, the trickster had come across a rather curious and familiar trail. It was a residue of magic; his own magic. Plain as day, he could see the harsh green trail, fading as it grew older. Plucking at the magic, unwinding the secrets as if he were reading a book, he read the spells that he had cast and pieced them together. A separating spell, one of darkness, another of animation, one to give life. Curiously interwoven like a tapestry of creation. He had created something it seems.

It took a few seconds for him to remember what it was. It had been so minor a thing. In his early days, before he found out what it was (it seemed that those days were a mere dream now. An illusion. A lie). He raised his head, stormy green eyes staring ahead and he slowly blinked. In the more innocent days he had taken a shadow from some Asgardian (what could he care for what was left for them?) and he had brought the shadow to life, given it abilities, trained it. He had shaped the shadow with an army in mind. An army for him and for his people. But it had required too much energy to create to be worth making an army of shadows and he had been informed that it was not right to take the shadows from others.

For a while, he had kept it as a toy. One had to look after one's creations, after all. But he had grown tired of it and cast it out. So it had been Midgard he had sent it to. Maybe it was about time he caught up with the creature. After all, he had nothing better to do and it would be fun to play with the little thing once more. See how it had changed in his absence. Cloaking himself in illusions, he followed the trail. As he moved, he remembered that the shadow had come from a female Asgardian. He had lied to her and tricked her into leaving the safety of the public, convinced her to follow him and then he had ensnared her shadow. Looking back on it, the trickster supposed that he should have realised that his life was going to deviate far from that of those who he had once considered family. Should have realised he was a monster like those beings he had despised and feared as a child.

Moving through the streets, he finally came up to the creature. Could it be considered a she? For a second he pondered this but then removed the illusions that hid him and stood before his creation in all his glory. A larger illusion kept himself and the shadow from the view of anyone else. He smirked at the creature.
"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Loki - The God of Mischief
Loki
Loki

£ : 20764

Back to top Go down

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow Empty Re: Didn't I Create You? // Shadow

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Shadow didn't really like her creator, and sighed inwardly when she heard that familiar voice. Sure, she gave him credit and due respect for creating her, but he'd been rude and demanded more respect then he was to be given. He hadn't been interested in anything other then entertainment, that much she was certain. Something to pass the time. So yes, she respected him. But no, she didn't particularly like him.

She'd been given powers, been given training, been taught proper manners and how to address him. But, oh, the rules! She was to call him anything formal, and had in the past. But now, she had such a rebellious side to her thanks to Menaezaen's constant company. In the past she had followed him blindly, ignorant to any and everything other then doing as told. But after a hundred years with David Hill, and a few years doing whatever she pleased, her temper wore thin with going back to the old routines.

Menaezaen was a little blue bird that perched on her shoulder, tied around his ankle (if birds even had those) was a golden thread that connected to her belt in a loose knot. There was enough thread for Menaezaen to land on the ground, or glide above her head a few feet. Usually, he stayed on her shoulder.

Shadow was completely without color, save for her eyes. Glowing, red eyes watched all, and it was impossible to tell what she eyed until she moved her head. Even her outfit was different shade of black and grey, and she passed a jealus eye towards others who wore such bright colors. Who had the ability.

Who had the choice.

Anything on her instantly lost coloring, but Menaezaen and his golden string remained bright and colorful. Menaezaen brought color into her life. That was for certain, and she had a special bond with her own, small companion.

Turning, Shadow mentally kicked herself for not having noticed his arrival before he'd noticed herself. She could have just slipped away nice and silent. And not had to put up with him.

Granted, she didn't like him.

But he demanded respect, and with the looming possibility that he could uncreate her just as easily, Shadow just had to play along to his little whims. Like last time, she doubted he would remember her existance long. Besides, whether she liked it or not, she owed the man. It was on his one passing thought that she was created, and were it not for him, she would never have started on adventures.

Remembering easily just what she used to do a hundred years ago, Shadow bowed deeply, rolling her eyes (not that he could tell), and taking care to form her words completly instead of mumbling. When he used to talk to her, it wasn't for her opinion on matters. Merely for her to listen, or take orders. Occasionally, agree when no one else would agree with him. It really wasn't about what was on her mind, wasn't about what she thought. Really, it was all about him.

"It has indeed. A whole hundred years, I believe, Prince Loki." Shadow straightened, an absent minded hand straightening Menaezaen's feathers with gentle finger tips. Something to soothe the seething with jealousy and utter hatred bird who hopped on her shoulder, aggravated and furious.

Menaezaen didn't like Loki.

-Shadow is wearing this outfit, the one on the far right. here
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:01 am

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow 621871-loki_loki_thor_2011_21916698_333_591Amusement flickered through him as he watched the shadow he had animated. It had feelings, he knew that by now. At the start he hadn't expected it to be that alive but when it became apparent that it could indeed feel, well, that had just added to the entertainment value. That was all it's worth now, a broken toy that still had sentimental value. A minion that didn't quiet shape up to what he had ordered, but when did they ever? He could see the emotions in it, the creature born of magic had not wanted to face it's creator - so strange a concept. Mortals desired their gods, they built temples to honour their names. Mortals desired to respect their parents, never straying too far from the given path. This creature, more of his creation than the mortals who had once lifted their voices to reverent prayer to him, should feel nothing but honour and gratitude to be in his presence.

Yet it didn't.

This was almost enough to bother the trickster. He had given it life and as a byproduct, the shadow had gained feelings yet still it did not love him like his creations should. Perhaps it was because of what he now was? Or maybe it was because of what he actually was. A monster was not one to create perfection and no matter how far he kept himself from those beasts, his true skin showed a different story. Not that he was going to let anyone know the truth about his parentage or even allow himself to dwell on that for too long. He was what he had created himself to be and it mattered not who sired him nor who had raised him. And considering the thoughts he had towards his creation, this could be considered slightly ironic.

The more youthful and childish gaze in his eyes that had existed when he had last seen Shadow was practically extinguished now and replaced with a cold, calculating gaze that barely could contain the malice within him. She bowed and the corners of his lips curled up slightly. The last time someone had bowed to him was when he had forced a load of Midgardians to kneel before him. While they had been many, this one time seemed better - it had been trained to give him the respect he deserved and he suspected the action was more instinctual and certainly less forced. He preferred it this way.

"It seems you have been busy," He commented, voice cold as he looked towards the bird kept on a golden chain. He was no fool, he could sense what the bird's original form was. A mortal man. He knew that Shadow had turned the mortal into this form, for whatever reason, he couldn't care. The interesting thing was that it seemed to have formed a bond.
"I was not aware that you could desire to give yourself a pet," Maybe his words were a little harsh but his mind was slightly unsettled by the fact that he had found something that he had made when he was young and innocent - maybe not that young or innocent. But it seemed like a different life.

Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:11 pm

"Everyone can want something, let alone companionship, prince." Shadow held a hand out for Menaezaen, who jumped onto her hand, chirping talkatively.

Four times, he chirped four times.

Now, in their little code, that meant he was swearing. Once was for 'Watch out', she would have to thank Menaezaen for failing to alert her about Loki later. Once was also for 'No', which lead to quite a lot of misunderstandings, and teasings. Twice was for 'Yes' or a positive response, the same way 'No' could mean a negative response. Three times was for 'I don't know' and four times was for swearing.

Five times was 'I'm Sorry', which he'd only ever used one time. When he had broken the thread, and escaped. Shadow had discovered him weeks later, a human once more, and he had tried to injure her, angry and vengeful towards her. That was how she got the tattoo on her tongue, it most certainly was not by choice.

She'd transformed him back into a bird, having been setting aside extra energy she found in day to day life for the occasion. Once she'd morphed him back into the little blue bird who had been her companion for the slightest time back then, she took off the thread tied to her belt and tied it to a nearby tree. She had set him on the tree branch. Turning to leave, and leave him behind her forever.

The whole time he didn't stop chirping.

Back then he'd been used to a human mouth, used to being able to form words that Shadow could understand. He'd been trying to explain himself, but with their own system of codes, there wasn't a word for 'I'm Sorry' yet.

Not back then.
Didn't I Create You? // Shadow Egg_0610
Shadow held Menaezaen in one hand, his fluffy feathers a familiar sensation to her fingers and she came out of her little memory. His gaze was completely changed, but the ironic thing was, that hers had as well. Back then, hers were always wide with wonder, and amazement with the world around her. And when Menaezaen had broken her heart in that little memory, it had become as cold and detached as his. But, now that Menaezaen was back at her side, that he was there to comfort her. Her gaze was far from cold, or detached.

But far from wide with wonder and amazement too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:03 am

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow 621871-loki_loki_thor_2011_21916698_333_591Green eyes watched as his creation interacted with the blue bird that it seemed to have adopted. But this was not the bothering thing. It assumed to lecture him - he who had given it life! Everyone can want something... His eyes narrowed.
"Whether they can want something and whether they should have it is a different matter," He said, his words dark. He had not been this dark around her before - she was a product of his carefree days. How foolish he had been to believe that the almost perfect world could last. They had to choose a king, he had to be adopted. His whole world was just a lie.

So what did that make this creature?

A being created from a monster who had lived in a lie. Well, if he was a creature worthy of nothing more than contempt, that had to make one of his most complex creations nothing more than dirt. It was a shame that his work would be under valued. Well, it was a good thing that he had kept it a secret, he supposed.

It didn't escape his attention that the bird was chirping in a set amount. And as a learned being, the trickster had learnt the language of the birds and creatures. He spoke in the All-tongue and listened to the natural world. He could tell that the small creature - once human - was speaking words of a less than savoury nature.
"I would hold your tongue, little bird. You are no longer in the presence of the created but a creator and a god," He said to the little creature before a wicked smirk slide across his face.
"Your heart is too small to risk, beating so fast and frantically." It was a light threat against the creature and more for the amusement of seeing how the creatures around him would respond to his words. He didn't actually care for the life of the bird.

"Interesting origins for your little pet. Taking a Midgardian's life and turning it into a bird," He commented, voice cold. There were a few seconds of waiting and Loki finally let out a sigh. This environment that they stood in was not pleasant enough for someone like him.
"Walk with me. There is no doubt somewhere that is more suited to two beings of Asgardian origins than this," He said. He had finally come to the conclusion that he should reuse the creature. He had used her as something to listen to his problems and agree with him. It would be nice to have that once more.

((Hope you do not mind him figuring out what Menaezaen was saying. If you do, just tell me and I'll change it.))

Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 pm

He didn't use to remind her all the time that she was less then Asgardian. Less then human. Less then anything, really. It was why she didn't have a name, after all. But saying that she shouldn't have gotten herself companionship? That such was a bad idea on her own part? That she possibly didn't deserve such happiness?

Shadow bit her tongue silently. Keeping a few angry comments to herself. After all, it would only make such things worse, it didn't seem that Loki was in a good mood today. Really, she hadn't seen him so cold before, so detached and power starved. Shadow had been far to busy with Midgard to notice the goings on in Asgard. She supposed she was to have more of a nationality, a preferance to the place she was supposed to be from. But, having spent so much time on Midgard, it really felt like home. Nothing like Asgard, not that she saw to much of it. Being hidden away, she was unable to see large portions of Asgard, for worry that others would find her.

She didn't know why she was a secret.

But, it wasn't up to her. And at that age, she hadn't the mind to argue, disobey or to question such commands.

Now she did. And she most certainly would have argued with him about that back hand comment he'd made, if he was anyone else. She may not like him, but she owed him a great deal.

Besides, she didn't put it past him to know a way to undo her.

Hearing the threat towards her dearest Menaezaen, Shadow took the bird in hand, feeling his fluffy blue feathers prickling her fingers slightly, with the fluffy down rubbing against her palm. Shadow put the other hand in a cup motion, covering Menaezaen's head and slipping him into a pocket. Buckling the pouch above Menaezaen's head securely.

While she wanted Menaezaen on her shoulder, she would far rather have him safe. Because as she knew it, Menaezaen wouldn't back down from such a threat. He was known for trying to protect her. Doing his best, making her laugh, coaxing a smile out of her when no one could.

Shadow felt strange without him on her shoulder. She felt like she was missing something on her. Like she was without half of her own body.

She didn't like it.

Shadow noticed that there wasn't a direct question her way, he typically wasn't talking to her. More at her. But, time may have changed that. He was darker, something about him was more cold. More detached. Something must have happened to make him act as such. It was usually Shadow's area of expertise to notice when something was up, at least.. Back then, it was. And how she could help to repair.

Back then, she was to serve.

Not anymore, of course.

Shadow nodded in response, falling into step beside Loki, eyes scanning the nearby area instead of training them solely on Loki. There wasn't any way he could tell anyway, she didn't have pupils. That was his own fault anyway.

"Why don't I have a name?" Shadow tilted her head, the question had been burning away at her for years now. Why didn't she have a name? Her creator hadn't given her the few seconds to award her a name? Give her something to make her herself?

Something worth while?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:29 am

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow Loki_captured_2_by_loki_pls-d6smkn4Some would say that he was harsh on the creature, others would probably agree. Everyone seemed to be so soft and kind these days. They did not have to deal with the harsh reality of things. They did not have to face the prejudices that he did. They didn't have to be overlooked for the throne because of the monster they were. So he would treat this creature as he had been treated. Who could blame him?

A twisted smile blossomed on his clear cut face and he held back the malicious chuckle that was willing to escape him at the thought that came across his head. However, he did laugh when the shadow protectively cupped the bird that he had threatened and hide him. The laughter ran cruel and sharp and his expression was ruthless despite the sound that came from his lips. Yet the laugh was quiet and faded in mere seconds, green eyes still ice cold.

"So protective, just with an idle threat. I will not harm your pet. He just needs to learn to hold his tongue," The trickster said calmly and without care for the disruption that he had caused. It was his nature. He left it in his wake. Nothing else. And that was what the mortals would have them believe. What the Asgardians would have them believe. Their lies. The lies that he took on to himself.

Walking forwards with the creature behind him, he searched for somewhere more upmarket and quiet. A park was ideal for such a meeting. And if any mortals disturbed him, he would kill them. It wasn't a hard thing to do. Not with his magic. He headed towards a park in the immediate area, using his magic to give both himself and the creature that followed him a disguise. They would appear like other mortals.

At the question from the shadow, he cocked his head slightly. It was not her place to question him. But it offered a nice distraction from the monotony of his villainous life.
"Do you need one?" He asked calmly.
"I created you to serve me and it is not my job to give my slaves titles. Or servants, if you'd rather consider yourself that. It makes no difference to me. Although you will be paid nothing for your troubles,"
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:30 pm

Shadow's temper was wearing thin, and the logic to not make her creator very very very angry was becoming less and less prominant. In fact, rage seemed to be dulling such thought processes that would probably have helped her in the long run. But, she merely forced it back down, though it didn't go down easily. Bah! She didn't know how she used to put up with him back then! Though, she supposed he was kinder back then, and that gaze was quite definatly new. As was the laughter that made her blink at him and stare like she expected him to suddenly burst into flames, or turn animation style and hop into a disney movie.

Grumpy at the back handed comments about Menaezaen's safety, the only thing that slightly increased her mood was his promise not to harm her Menaezaen. Knowing full and well that such a thing as Menaezaen learning to hold his tongue would never occur, (and she didn't want such things!) Shadow merely kept a small smile to herself, taking great care to keep her face emotionless. She actually wasn't looking at him at all, holding her head like she was watching him, but in reality she was far more interested in well, anything else then her creator!

She hadn't exactly liked him before, but hadn't strongly disliked him either when she'd first met him. Now he was different, and she found herself quite pleased with the idea of back hand bitch slapping the boy across the face. She wondered if he'd changed, or if it had just been through the foggy lense of a memory. That was over a hundred years ago! Shadow puzzled that perhaps she had changed as well, while she had rarely shown her own ideas, or emotions, or even think of having the spare thought of violence towards her creator like she did not when she was first created.

Shadow followed him, still not paying to much mind to where they stepped, still busy in her thoughts. Oh, she wished he would just forget her already again! Then she'd take more time to hide her appearances from his passing notice, and with a stroke of luck she could never see his face again. Ah, so pleasing was the thought that shadow's anger subsided.

For the moment.

Her ears perked at the mentioned titles, and her eyes fell on him for once. Stopping, she crossed her arms, nodding her head towards him.

"I would prefer neither one of those titles. What do you want." Shadow snapped, her tone completely different from the voice she so often used towards him, nothing was soft spoken or submissive and Shadow looked over in disdain even. Annoyance written on her features, where she wiped off the blank face to hide her emotion. He couldn't have possibly thought that she would remain the same after a hundred years! After David Hill! She was not his toy any longer. The snap wasn't a question in tone, but only in it's nature itself.

Oh, she knew him. She knew his nature, and there was no way he wasn't seeing a game in any of this. A new thought occured to her, perhaps her change in personality wasn't due to herself getting angrier and angrier at her creator, but from Menaezaen. He wasn't whom he seemed to be, a helpless bird on her shoulder, tied to her belt and chirping away in codes usually. In reality, he had been worse then her creator. Menaezaen feared death more then anything else, and used her for her immortality, and for her ability to hide his crimes against the world.

Menaezaen had.. an affinity with torture, she supposed. And several scars decorated her arms and chest, varying in size and nature. Shadow thought nothing of them, and on her dark skin one had to look fairly carefully to see such things. But, they could be seen. But, as he put an illusion on the both of them, the scars were instantly disguised.

Shadow became slightly distracted (in the safety of her own mind, of course) by the fact that she was in fact, in color. The woman had long since forgiven Menaezaen for his crimes as David Hill, and rarely thought about such trivial details of her past. But, the idea of her creator asking her about it,

And her having to answer? It was a good thing he didn't care for her in the slightest.

-ooc
don't worry about matching my length, Shadow got passionate about hating loki.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:44 am

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow Loki_captured_2_by_loki_pls-d6smkn4Watching the creature, it deserved less than the attention he gave it. But he as curious as to what it was. Yes he had created the being but this was when he was young and foolish. He had wanted to prove himself and to be like his cursed brother. How naive he had been. So innocent... He refused to look back at himself as anything positive. Some might say that his former, kinder self was better but at this was his true self. The monster that he was.

The rest had been a lie.

And the amusing part was, his creation didn't even know. For all that it should be able to tell, he was the same child that he was back then. At this thought, he chuckled, without seeming to have any provocation. A smirk came across his face at the whole situation. Maybe he would tell it. After all, it was meant to be an ear to listen to him in times of trouble.

But he didn't have any trouble. He was happy as he was.

"It matters whether you want those titles or not. That is what you are and that is what you were and it is what you will continue to be," He said, voice emotionless as he addressed the being. There was no care for the toy that he had once created. Maybe once he liked it but now it was different. It no longer entertained him.

As it was, he made it wait for it's answer. He in all honesty had no good reason. He continued to walk, paying little attention to his creation, only enough to make sure that it was following him. He wouldn't let the beast get away from him without permission. Moving forwards, he headed straight to the park where it was quiet and would be a good place to speak.

It was only as he was entering the park that he spoke.
"I have not had company for a while. Not of your sort at least. And I have some curiosity to see how you have adapted to living here with your little bird," He said. Slipping slightly into his older self. He gave a soft growl of frustration at this. Why was it having an effect on him?
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 04, 2014 5:10 pm

Damn it all! Shadow swore, sneering towards his turned back. What strange way he talked! Answering his questions, led to him snapping, as though he didn't really expect her to do such. Not answering the questions would probably just lead to the questions being repeated! Oh, she used to know just how he spoke, what he meant, and when to respond, when to slip in her own opinions and when to just nod and agree. Now it seemed a forgien language to her, one she didn't care to relearn.

Seething with anger, Shadow bowed her head, fighting very hard not to let anger show on her features. God forbid he actually found out just how much he aggravated the woman, and played on that. Why, he would probably make her angrier on purpose! Just to see what would happen! Shadow blinked, and looked up at the man, the one who hadn't given her a name, who'd abandoned her when he was bored with her, and attempted to reclaim said lost thing, when she had long since forgotten his name in thoughts!

Oh, and then his words sank in, and Shadow didn't feel anger, or rage, or hatred. Instead, she was quite hurt, and sulked, having to follow behind him while waiting for his reply to her question.

She felt like a dog.

So, she distracted herself with her thoughts. Perhaps he was right about the servant thing, he'd been right before, that was. He didn't think that her rank had changed in the slightest! Teaching her to use shadows was undeniably useful, and had saved her life on many times. Though, at that age she'd been extremely childish, stubborn and acted very much like a very young person of any type. Thus, growing annoyed and frustrated with not grasping the abilities right away, and no longer wished to learn. She'd been around him until that stage had worn off, it only lasted a few years time, and by the time he left her behind she was cold, simple, and perfectly agreeable.

After David Hill for a few years after that, she only grew worse in that nature of not having to much of an opinion in of herself. But, having lived by her own rules, for her own self, for over a hundred years time, she had devoloped her own traits once more. Though, Shadow reflected (having plenty of time to spare) that such things weren't negative things. Her creator could be wrong, by all reasoning, he should be wrong!

So, why did it still affect her?

Though she disagreed with him, though his antics made her angry, though he brought back less then splendid memories about her childhood, though she didn't particularly like him... He still had such an effect on her as though he was highly important! Oh, well, maybe he is. You owe him, are you so ungrateful? Shadow snapped in her own mind, at a loss for deciding whether or not she hated her creator.

So, she decided upon 'not liking him particularly'.

Arriving to the park, Shadow glanced down at her hands for the first time since the illusion.

OH SHE WAS IN COLOR!

What happiness and childish excitement bubbled up in her could not be described in a novel, let alone a sentence alone. Leaning forwards, she peered down at her new illusionary clothing, it seemed the same as typical humans wore, a simple T with what she had been told were 'jeans'. Tearing her gaze back up at the talking loki, she wondered just what her eye color was.

"My kind of company? I hear you have a wife now. Doesn't she agree with you?" Shadow chose to ignore the remark about him being curious about how she had gotten on with her little bird in this world. It wasn't a direct question, was she to answer?

Oh! Confusion!

He seemed more familiar on the second comment, like he was acting more like someone she couldn't quite recall all that clearly. Because, it was true, she couldn't recall her first time with her creator all that well, nor David Hill.

-ooc
Don't worry about matching my length, I write long posts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:40 am

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow Loki_captured_2_by_loki_pls-d6smkn4Walking through the park with his pet, which seemed to be delighted in it's colours that came from the illusion that he had casted on it to hide the abnormality of it. Most mortals were not accustomed to seeing such a creature. Mortals left such limited lives and there was so little for them to see. So little for them to play with. Who could blame him for exciting their lives when he lead his army to conquer this little world.

He still didn't understand how he had lost. He had never one.

He moved through the park with strong paces, still not looking at the creature. He could sense it and it had to follow him, as he had ordered it to. Then at the words that she brought up, he let out a sigh. His younger self wanted to take over. He wanted to relive through those times. He wanted to be the innocent man he had been back then. He sighed. He was too torn.

"She is not you. You are the creature I created for this. My wife is someone worthy of a kingdom." He commented harshly, finding a seat infront of the river. It reflected the images of them. Reflected the illusion. The trickster was curious to see how she would react.

"What do you know of my recent affairs?" He questioned calmly, eyes turning to look at the now coloured shadow. It wasn't a bad illusion, he noted. Although it was based off it's form, it was quiet beautiful. Rather exquisite.
"But you haven't sad what happened to you since you arrived. How you got your little pet."
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Shadow looked at the green grass at her feet, the colored shoes that the illusion had put up. Her good mood, and excitement for such things being gone with the very start of his comment. It truly seemed that every time she was the slightest bit less then hateful towards him (in her own thoughts, of course), he fully intended to put her back in her place. The place that he imagined she was to fit into, one that she would never outgrow, in his eyes, it quite seemed. Something created for a reason so trivial had to be fairly small, the idea that she was created merely to be a listening ear for his rants and raids on others was not a new one, she had quite suspected it many, many years ago. Oh, but only now did the memory resurface, only now did the fog lift up slightly, truly, her memory of such a time was failed. She had forgotten him, and he'd forgotten her.

At least she didn't seek him out a hundred years later to 'catch up'.

Her expression drained, and she gave the reflective water no more then a dull look, while, had she been left in her original mood of the time, she would have fawned and been in awestruck over the colors that decorated her. That had always been something Shadow had always envied, color. Greys, and blacks, and hues of such shades were nothing compared to the sparkling, eye catching, beauty of colors.

No longer in a very pleasant, but neither a very rebellious mood swing, Shadow quite decided that the little visit had best get over with, that way he would leave her to herself again. Hopefully this time, for good! Shadow chose to stand, completely unaware of when he chose to take a seat in front of the slow moving river, and when she did take note of such actions, desired not in the slightest to sit in the only other available seat, which happened to be by him. Instead, she stood, by the water's edge, very much trying to keep her eyes from wandering to the world around her. No doubt the illusion gave her humanoid eyes, ones with pupils that others could see, and hence, one could tell when her gaze wandered (as it usually did)

"I know absolutly nothing of anything you have done since we last met. Even then it was fairly flawed." Shadow shrugged, in truth, she had heard no rumours, or tales about him in the slightest. For a time she supposed he may have perished, from the way he acted, it was really only a matter of time before someone was successful in a bit of revenge. She supposed she would be one of the last to know anyway, not only did she live on Earth, but in a caravan in a brazilian forest as well! Who would bring news there? Who would know to?

It was, around this point in time, that she came to realise just what the illusion had done. It had, of course, added color to her to keep prying human eyes away, gave her the illusion of wearing different clothing, because her own had been to strange. But apart from that, it had merely added color where there had been none. The scars that had been hidden to a well enough degree while she was shadow like in appearance, would be more noticable with arms of a skin tone, and scars of a silvery, darker shade. She doubted he'd care, after all, if she was so very trivial, why should he waste the time? Of the various scars, some were designs, some were simply random cuts of a knife, while one of the more prominant ones was the tracing of bones. So, upon the back of her hand, she had the scars of thin, straight lines over top of where bones would be, if one were to go deeper, of course. This continued across her entire form, but, Shadow quite thought nothing of it. Though, she did worry for Menaezaen, the culprit of such things (a LONG time ago) if such things were in fact, noticed, and answers were demanded.

"Menaezaen," Shadow grasped at names, trying to recall her companion's original name, "David Hill, actually, wanted my immortality and ability to his advantage, I turned him to be my bird, renamed him, and carry him with me ever since." Shadow told half the tale, of course, leaving out the fact that about ten years took place between David Hill deciding to use her immortality and abilities to his advantage, (choosing to kidnap her, which got out of hand and became torture) and her own trickery to turn him to a bird permenantly. She saw redemption in the bird, and took him with her, lest he fall back on his usual ways.

Already she could swear he was changing!

-ooc
Don't worry about matching my length, I just write long posts, it seems.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:00 am

Didn't I Create You? // Shadow Loki_captured_2_by_loki_pls-d6smkn4It seemed that the time it had spent on Midgard gave it ideas of more importance. It was sullen and silent, not tending to his every need. It wasn't the best of things for him. Although he loved change he was upset by the loss of something that he himself had created. It should remain true to him and only him. But now it had a pet... it put itself in higher regard.

"Nothing of my recent actions? How interesting. I had thought that I was a rather famous because of my recent actions on Midgard. I tried to take it by force with an army of my own. People died. Women, children, innocents and so on. I have been told that it was a big deal." He informed it. How could his creation not have heard of this? He would have thought, what with the mortal word of mouth and the new appearance of their gods, everyone would have known of the tale. But apparently their bards had missed one or two spots. Or five and six...

He would have to change this and go out, telling his own stories about that battle.

Of course, he had noticed the scars on the hand of the creature he had created. But He expected answers to come in time. After all, he wanted to know what had happened to it after he had abandoned the shadow. And surely the scars would be brought up by the creature as a sign of his neglect of it. Everything seemed to love to complain after all.

Listening to it's story calmly, he had no emotion on his face other than passive interest, which wasn't really anything anyway.
"And why do you keep such a creature who would steal what is yours from you? I would kill him in a heart beat for such actions yet you care for him. Why?" It was much easier to pry into it's life than to think about his. He was going to enjoy this.
Loki
Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down