Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Memorandums
"Earth's Mightiest Heroes" is shutting its doors here and moving to a different host. The new site can be found HERE. The admins want to thank everyone who made EMH amazing and gave us wonderful memories and fantastic rp adventures. We hope to see you on the new site! Members can still log in and get their stuff if they need.

To our wonderful affiliates: we will be re-adding you on the new site. Please bear with us :)
Messages From Midgard
Affiliates

Member Sites
Why's The Rum Always Gone? // The Doctor Button10

Sister Sites
WONT BACK DOWNAvengers RisingSHIELD RISES !X-Men/Avengers Roleplay

Sites We <3

Why's The Rum Always Gone? // The Doctor

Go down

Why's The Rum Always Gone? // The Doctor Empty Why's The Rum Always Gone? // The Doctor

Post by Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:20 pm

January 16th, 1674
The Golden Age Of Piracy
Earth, several miles off the coast of Port Royal in the Caribbean
Mid Day, Low Tide

Winter grinned wide, salt drying to her hair and beautiful features. Her futurekind teeth shown between her spread lips, and despite the many days at sea, they were not cracked or splintered or bled. Winter was seated upon the very prow of the ship itself, though she'd never learned the proper term for it. Really, it was just a wooden beam stretching far out into the sea, ahead of the ship itself. Ropes and landings were attached periodically on the beam, but, they didn't get in her way, and she didn't get in theirs. One leg was dropped off the end of the very thin beam, and the other had the sole of the boot planted on the thinist portion of the beam. The white haired woman faced where they were heading, the wind blowing from behind her gently. Not a very good sign, as that meant while the winds were in face in their favor, it was not strongly so.

She supposed the ship would only be moving a few knots, but thanks to a gadget she had stolen and improved upon, the sails would always be full and the ship would always be moving ahead at full speeds. So, while the winds blew behind her gently, it did not make to much a difference, as the way forwards was coming up so fast that the upcoming breeze completely out drew the opposing one. Winter leaned forwards, setting her elbow on the bent leg slightly, her balance something she would bet her own life upon and nothing to be understated. She had grown up on a mountain, so it was something of a legend.

But, oh! What a boring tale that one was! Winter laughed to herself softly, looking ahead at the bright blue ocean in front of her. Spray sprinkled her hair, and glistened as she leaned forwards, easing her hands onto the thin portion of the beam she lifted her foot that hung from the edge up to the beam, and she narrowed her eyes to what she saw.

A slave ship.

"At arms." Winter spoke, knowing that she didn't have to speak loudly, as the second in command was completely used to her softly spoken tones, and before Winter herself could repeat it, the pirate behind her bellowed her command loudly. Winter stood up, feet finding the correct positions without her knowledge, and she sneered at the horizon and what it held.

She hated slaves.

Winter turned and walked along the beam, ducking and weaving carelessly between the ropes and paying no mind to the opening landing before her. At a time, the pirates around her would have been worried for her, but not to terribly, they were pirates after all! But, any concern any of them may or may not have beheld were faded with time, and as Winter's antics became more and more average, the crew became more and more care free about such. Boots touched the deck with a tap, as Winter always landed toe first then eased a heel in such. A habit from Malcassairo, she supposed. It was just how she walked, though it made her quite hard to hear when she didn't mean to be.&nbsp;

"Raise our colors, load the cannons, full sails." Winter snapped at a pirate, who ran around the deck wildly, slipping on a mop bucket and going straight over board in a splash. Winter walked over to the railing, looking down over the top with a bemused look. But, she could recall when that particular man had saved herself, indirectly, and accidently, of course, but she owed him and he had shown her a kindness. Winter leaned down, and threw him a rope.

The crew around her bustled with excitement, preparing to attack. A skull and cross bones were raised on the mast, a sign for being toxic, a sign that the ship had a plague. Oh, she loved pirates. Port &nbsp;Royal was not even fifty miles to their rudder, which meant that the shipment of human slaves were for the wickedest town, and Winter really couldn't have that! Cannons were rolled out, and the trap doors flung open in preperation. The sails opened up wider, fuller, and the ship grazed the ocean beneath it, so fast was it moving.&nbsp;

She knew that model of ship, even this far away, but she snatched a telescope from a ship boy wandering by helplessly and looking very frail and having moral contradictions. Holding it to her eye, Winter focused the scope to the ship. Yes, she knew that model of ship. It didn't have cannons to make more room for the packing of bodies. Despite the fact it was the golden age of piracy! The slave ship started to turn, oh so slowly, from them, as they were heading in the same direction Drop Of Poison was leaving. Drop Of Poison was legendary around here, as the ship that sailed against the winds themselves. Something unheard of. The crew were rowdy, but all good loyal men. Some were supersticious, some believed her a devil with fangs for teeth. Most of them kept coming on to her.

Something about being at see with only men, she supposed. She drew her sword from it's sheath, the blade being long and black, with symbols etched into the black coloring in tones of grey. Holding the sword out with a flourish, Winter grinned, savoring the moment. The slave ship was half way turned around, it's back end facing Drop Of Poison's cannons.

"Fire!" Winter called, laughing loudly.

Only one round was let loose, ripping open the top deck and causing the crew members great panic. The helmsman smashed Drop Of Poison into the slave ship with such force that those that didn't expect it stumbled wildly. Winter ran forwards, already tasting victory on her lips.

The seige was an easy one, none of the crew members still lived, and the 'cargo' were in turn cared for with her own ship's supplies and loaded into Drop Of Poison's below decks. The resources were running thin, but the slave ship was so useless that there wasn't any benefit to her having it follow behind, crewed by her own men, of course. The slave ship hadn't any resources left, was torn to bits, and the whole state of things was generally rotting and digusting. Though, she had found a good sum in the captain's quarters, apparently those slaves were to be shipped and had been paid in advance.

Once all the crew members were back aboard, all completely glad with their cut of the profit and the violence in the moment. A few snipped about having slaves aboard, and Winter passed the cabin boy that had looked so very morally contradicted. Leaning forwards, she loomed over his shoulder, setting her lips by his ear.&nbsp;

"What did you think we were to do, eh? Kill them for being something I despise?" Winter laughed softly, leaning back, she turned her head behind her. "You know what to do, helmsman." Winter stalked into her own private cabin, slamming the door forcefully. She felt the ship turn to Port Royal, they would have to restock for the new hungry mouths, divide the spoils, hire a few more pirates and then set sail for Africa. After all, Winter thought, sitting down on a chair and gazing out the glass window of her own cabin,

They no doubt wanted to go home, those slaves.

-ooc
What Winter is wearing here(Without the parrot, obviously)
Drop Of Poison here(with obvious changes. Such as the flag is actually a pirate's flag now)
While this thread IS open to anyone, I would like a solid explaination why their character is in this time zone, aka, please don't have your average joe turn around, be in london, then find him or herself on Winter's pirate ship. Some ideas would be that Winter's tech on the ship, pushing the sails against the winds and making it move faster, is out of the time zone. Or you can have a time traveler hear rumors about a fanged demonic pirate on the seas, yada yada yada..
Please don't force yourself to match my length, while that would be absoloutly AMAZING, I would be pleased with any reply that's over a paragraph and a half!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Why's The Rum Always Gone? // The Doctor Empty Re: Why's The Rum Always Gone? // The Doctor

Post by The Doctor* Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:41 pm

The TARDIS appeared inside what seemed to be the cargo hold of a ship. The Doctor was overjoyed when he stepped out of the phone box to see where he had ended up. Ah, nothing like the Seventeenth Century age of Piracy! He hadn't come to this particular time period since that little fiasco with the "Curse of the Black Spot" he experienced with Amy and Rory.

The Doctor swaggered up the stairs, pushing open the trap door, greeting the many gruff faces of the crewmen with a loud, "YO HO HO!" Followed up by a charismatic smile. The awkward stares he recieved were enough to register to him they didn't quite understand what he said. He had made the same mistake twice. "Or does no one actually say that?" He casually asked, clearing his throat afterward.
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

£ : 21081

Back to top Go down

Why's The Rum Always Gone? // The Doctor Empty Re: Why's The Rum Always Gone? // The Doctor

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:06 pm

The crew scattered, responding fairly quickly for smelly, dirty minded little creeps, tripping over one another up the thin and creaking stairs to the deck out of the cargo hold. The last, pudgiest one, managed to crush the entire stair beneath his heel, fell with a rolling jiggle, stood with a shaking tremor, jumping with the wiggling of his feet as if he was an infant, he caught the hands of one of his crew friend and was pulled out. The door, of course, was promptly slammed in The Doctor's face with a creak. The door was wooden, latched and pudgy, trumpting footsteps ran with a passion down the deck overhead, to trip and bang upon the captain's door.

Winter slowly looked at the door, reached out one slender hand, slowly lifting a bottle of rum and bringing it to her lips in one silken movement. Tilting her head back, she took a good long swig, as she so often had to do before dealing with her incompetant crew. Setting it down with more of a groan then a sigh, the bottle clinked lightly, in time with the waves that rocked the ship, against the several other glass bottles of it's kind.

"Boy! I swear if you saw another fish, and tried to break down my door because you were so drunk you thought it sang to you, I am going to throw you overboard!" Winter growled, this person, of course, had been found on more then one occasion to have his head underwater off of the cargo hold windows (Which he broke) insisting that a fish of any sort was singing such a lovely song to him, it must be a siren. At first she thought it was a joke, now, as this was the third time, her humour of the situation had left her completely.

The first time, it had been amusing, she had laughed with him, patting him on the shoulder and pushing him overboard, she had, of course, been in the middle of a raid. The second time, he succeeded in breaking down her door, only to walk in on a very underdressed, very furious white haired woman.

"N-no, W-Win-Winter! It's s-s-something else! You war-warned us to tell you im-immediatly if we were to s- see it!" The pudgy, jiggly man spoke, spittle shining in his beard in the sun. Winter strode over, boots tapping the boards of the ship with authority, as though no one had a right to cross her path, and no one did. Opening the door with a jerk, the pitiful man fell forwards in a sickening, jello like motion.

"I feel like you are trying to communicate, by some means or another. A shame I do not speak idiot." Winter stepped over him, which, of course, was no easy feat, however, with such grace that only a woman could master she did in fact, make such actions regal. Her crew swarmed at her, swearing and accusing her of witchcraft, of being a jinx to the entire ship. For, she supposed, in those days, having a woman on board a vessel such as this, it was frightful 'bad luck'

Let alone a fanged one.

They spoke, shouted, roared and belched foul argumentative words at her, to which she watched with a slight, growing grin. They had finally come to the conclusion to throw her overboard, when she decided to let them all in on the joke. Spreading her arms out, Winter dared them to strike her with white eyes.

"Oh? How foolish and ungrateful you all are. Have you forgotten who's ship, you stand upon? Have you forgotten my grin? Have you forgotten my skill? What you say is true, I am a terrible witch of mighty powers beyond your mortal imaginations!" Winter laughed, playing the terrifying witch role very well. "Revolting, perverted things as you are should not meet my very eye, let alone claim a mutiny! Lest you forget, swine I am solely responsible for all two hundred slaves that survive in our ship's timbers. You think any would hesitate, to bring down fifty men, in their chase of freedom that I offer them?" Winter turned, fury in her eyes and quick in step to slap a man across the face, his beard coarse against the back of her hand. Lifting him by his shirt, she showed her teeth.

"If you do not like serving me. Perhaps Davy Jones will take you!" Winter purred, nails biting into the man's neck furiously. It was, of course, unable to be helped. A mutiny would not be tolerated by her, not in the least. She supposed she would have to find a new crew when they next docked.

The pudgy man, standing in Winter's cabin's doorway, unseen by the preoccupied woman, was wheezing and insistantly pointing in the direction of the Time Lord.

Winter set the man down, tenderly dusting off his shoulder exaggeratly. Oh, how she loved to toy with their emotions.. "Or perhaps, you wish to stay under my protections?" The men around her all roared with approvals, some pleading, some demanding such protections. Who could deny, a woman who to their eyes, seemed an all powerful magick user? They all figures the seven seas were theirs for the taking at her side! They figured themselves incivible!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:13 pm

The Doctor stumbled back a bit when the door was slammed in his face. "I'm getting the sinking feeling I'm not welcome here....heh...sinking. HA! I made a funny!" He grinned at the unintentional joke he had made. He heard grumbling voices from the other side of the door, no doubt talking about their most recent stow-away. He also heard a female's voice....and uproarious cheering after she spoke. She must be the captain.....had he encountered The Corsair again? he opened up the hold door again, to step out onto the deck, looking around at the crewmen.

"Well, look at you lot, eh? Ah, you definately fit the role for 'scourge of the seas!' He clapped his hands together and started wringing them as he eyed the crew. He then looked over at the woman, who seemed to be inspiring them with her words. "Oi, you must be quite the pirate to have a crew as good as this, eh?"
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:28 pm

The now very rowdy, very akwardly set crew laughed at his comments very loudly, to, of course, draw attention away from themselves, and thus, no longer recieve their captain's cruel games. Winter, of course, thought of such as games, but, as she came to learn, no on else found amusement where she did. No one found entertainment from mocking others, or the irony that she so savored on her tongue. Few understood her referances, her jokes, and those that did, failed to understand that she teased, she mocked, and she insulted,

Whether or not it was personal, depended on her mood! Winter snapped a sharp glare at all of her crew, whom shut their mouths with an audible 'clump'ly meaty sound. "Scourge of the seas, are we? What fun, " Winter leaned back, sitting lightly on the railing that stood waist level, and making a point to cross one booted leg over the other.

"Yo, ho, ho." Winter spoke, sarcasm and sultry mixing together into a very slow, very drawn phrase of amusement. Her teeth were pointed, fanged as they were called in this time, in reality, however, they were Futurekind, easily seen by those who stood relatively close, and her teeth could not be distinguised across the ship's deck.

"I am quite the captain, you see. But you cannot tell that from my imbicilic crew that stand at your feet, stow away." Winter smirked, an expression that decorated her features often enough. The pudgy man, managed to wiggle, squirm and crawl to her side, and greasily mumble something in her ear. Pushing him back with a foul temper, Winter shook her head, annoyed and far to disgusted with the man to have listened to what the words were that had been spoken by the man that she now, of course, knew had been stealing rations.

"These men, stow away. A few weeks at sea, and they act as though women are theirs to take! That bathing is quite optional, even when the flies that swarm them drop to their deaths." One of the men lifted his burly arm, inhaling his own arm pit to see if she was wrong

He promptly passed out with a solid thunk.

"And that common sense is for the wealthy." Winter finished, watching the man with unamused eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:37 pm

The Doctor looked at this strange woman. She was clearly not from this time period....she didn't seem to be of this planet either, what with the pointed teeth and all. He recognized her as Future Kind instantly. 'What's she doing on this planet? Let alone this time period...' He wondered. He took a step closer.

"Well, Captain, if you're wondering what I'm called, I am called The Doctor. At your service." He bowed slightly as a show of respect. "Now, what am I to call you?"
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Winter slowly looked to her side, to the sheepishly smiling man who's stomach and it's contents leaked over his tight belt with sickening animation. "Like I said. A shame I do not speak idiot." Winter snapped at the man, annoyed that the man had in fact, failed in several accounts to warn her of the one thing that she had demanded that she be warned of! None of the other crew members had noticed it, and the one that did, was only fluent in stutters and gasps!

"You, The Oncoming Storm?" Winter pushed herself off of the railing, landing with cat like ease and striding over to the bowing man with interest in her eye. Walking around him, she poked and judged, and prodded his arms and shoulders, giving the bow tie a look of confusion. 'Bow.. Tie..?' She mouthed to herself in bafflement, stalking around him.

"You are mistaken, mad man. You cannot possibly be the ender of worlds, conquerer of universes, killer, murderer and one without mercy. Choatic and cruel, feirce and demonic!" Winter snapped, crossing her arms and gesturing to him loosly "You remind me to much of a teddy bear."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:48 pm

The Doctor let her poke and prod at him, being quite entertained by her examination. "Bow Ties are cool." He said simply when she questioned the neck accessory. He was also quite entertained when she started ranting about his legend that had spread across the universe. 'The Oncoming Storm', she called him. The name The Daleks had given him after he defeated them in the Time War. He nodded when she continued ranting about his legend, but shook his head when she started calling him a killer without mercy.

"No, no, never Cruel, Nor Cowardly." He said with a smirk. "Fierce...I like that. But Demonic, not exactly." He laughed when she said he reminded her of a teddy bear. "Ah, hit the nail on the head that time!" He flashed a big goofy grin at her, adjusting his bow tie slightly.
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:58 pm

Winter looked at him, and really, honestly searched his expression for signs of madness. The ones she did find, were childish denial, the idea that acting like a child would make the bad memories go away was clearly his mind's ideal. The traces of madness, of insanity seemed to be eteched only slightly in his gaze, like time had worn it in. Winter was a very old woman, a time traveller at that, and nearly ten thousand in age, she knew, to this day, of only two surviving Time Lords. She had met one, who claimed to be 'The Master' quite some time ago, if this one was a Time Lord, then he was as he said he was.

Firmly, the woman put a hand where his heart shouldn't be, where she hoped it wouldn't be. Even through the jacket, and the shirts, and god knows what else he wore if he wore a bow tie with such pride, she felt a pulse, a beating, burning, pounding pulse. Tearing her hand back, Winter shrank away from him, turning and walking towards her cabin, cloak blazing after her.

"Get out."

She entered her cabin, slammed the door and locked it with an iron latch. Sighing, the woman sat down, her back against the door and looked out the grand window that stood before her in her cabin. Wondering in a self pitying way, after all, if she didn't pity herself, no one would. Not that she ever took habit of such things, but still, she wondered why nothing good ever seemed happened to her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:04 pm

The Doctor put a hand to his chin when she muttered to him to get out, and then slammed the door to her cabin. "Ooh..." He said, marveling at how awkward that situation was. He looked around at the crewmen that surrounded him. "Oi, is she always like that, or is it just today?" He looked around at these men of ill repute, most of them having confused expressions at him and his antics.

"Well then, let's give her some time eh? Tell me, what do you men do for merry making at sea?" He smiled and clapped his hands together once again.
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:14 pm

The crew, for the most part, seemed baffled by their captain's response. She was always very confident in herself, roaring with laughter, or barking orders without hesitation. She was sure, effective and witty. But, it almost seemed as if she had seen death itself! Her face drawn pale, and in escence, seemed to depart as if the devil was upon her heels. A messy headed brunette cabin boy shook his head, teenage in years, and thus, far from the body types of the fully grown men aboard. He nearly appeared feminine in shape, even, hair drawn in a cap, with pesky strands poking out roughly.

Clothes a bit messy, as though he took pride upon his appearance to a reasonable degree, but had quite a few odd jobs to do, the boy shook his head firmly. "No, we've never seen 'er like that.. She's usually a lot louder when she wants someone to leave. Or wittier. Or more sarcastic, it's 'ard to guess with 'er. But, you must really be something to make a witch demand you leave!" The boy mumbled, in awe, of course, for before him stood something that could in fact, make the nightmarish witch of demons leave his presence with a mere glance of touch!

The crew, loyal to the bone, despite her games and despite their captain's oddiocies, stood forwards, one very burly, hairy man that looked so sweaty that if he were thrown to a building of random size, he would have stuck to it's surface for hours. With a big, booming and loud voice, he stood a few inches above The Doctor's head, muscular and very well able to kill a man such as he.

And have a grand time doing it.

"She said to leave. Don't know who you are, don't want to know. Captain's kept us rich, kept us well set, so we'll take her word on it." He growled, it was a wonder, really, that words seemed to come from behind such a mass of tangled up bearding, but low and behold it did.

And it rattled the boat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:19 pm

"Ooh, big boy." The Doctor said when the large bearded man stomped up to him and demanded he left. These men sure were loyal to this woman....well, he couldn't tell whether it was loyalty, or fear. They did say she was a witch after all. "Oi, you thought I was a stow-away?" He asked, hoping these men weren't smarter than they looked. he took the blank peice of psychic paper out from his jacket pocket and showed it to them. "I'm a liscenced physician! Your captain has seemed to come down with a case of scurvy, it's all right here. Now, If I could just have a look at her, make sure she's alright, that'd be dandy." He danced past the burly man, flashing the psychic paper at any pirate in his way, making his way towards the captain's quarters. He didn't know who this woman was, but he wanted to find out more about her.
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:37 pm

The bearded, tall and strong man shook his head, nearly swaying the boat itself. Opening his mouth, his voice boomed outwards "We just saw her now, she ain't depressed, feverish, or lossing teeth!" His small brain, however, was stuck, like a bug was between the cogs of a machine upon the paper that was held out to him. Clearly, this person was a doctor of some sort, but still his groggy and slow mind wondered why she would have told him to leave if this was the case.

It was not the only mind to come to this conclusion, and voices rose to argue against such claims that the man spoke. In fact, none of them could recall any signs of scurvy on their captain! Who had sent him, how had he arrived? The voiced immediatly started teaming on one another, joining together to poke and prod holes through the man's story.

Gears and cogs in minds working so furiously, that one would expect smoke to erupt from their ears, mouth and nose, the crew drew complicated conclusions and spoke loudly over one another to claim the sound that the air, (which could only carry one dominant voice at a time, you see) grew heavy with voices.

That was, until the pudgy man stepped forwards, adressing his crew. The one that had crushed the stairs, the one that had fallen from the ship so recently that he still stood, dripping wet. The one that had banged upon Winter's door fearlessly until she strode outwards to warn her of the danger she so feared. That man, knew why Winter had desired the man away.

Fear, and nothing else from it.

The pudgy man, who's name, which Winter had never quite learned, was Molt. It wasn't a truthfully kind name, but it suited him just fine he supposed. Molt looked at the man who claimed the title of Doctor, and saw what Winter had quite simply seen. He saw nothing to fear, on her part, certain that such things were such a missunderstanding, he shook his head, and opened his mouth, finding his voice finally.

"You know, I've seen some markin's, under her boot.." And thus, they all started to debate with one another, all being absolutly sure to block the doctor from the door until they came to a complete census. The burly man who shook the boat was very happy to stand in the doctor's way. Molt's lie spread, and more and more believed such tales, moving aside for him, perhaps it would have even worked, Molt, intending the best for his beloved captain would have succeeded, had she not simply titled her head back, the hard door against the back of her skull and spoke with clear and simple demand.

"I do not have scurvy you fools!" She seemed more exasperated with their idiocy then furious at his cleverness. The crew couldn't help but watch their feet, faces varying in shades, and expressions,

but all of them were quiet and thoughtful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:43 pm

The Doctor smiled when she had emerged. "Ah! Captain! Might I speak with you for a moment?" He shifted threw the confused crewmen, until he was a few feet away from her. He smiled brightly. "As you can see, I went to quite an effort to trick your crew into letting me speak with you, so if it's not too much trouble, I'd at least like to know your name." He smiled once again, placing the Psychic Paper in his pocket.
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:51 pm

"Oh? And just what does a name matter? I quite prefer 'captain' from your lips, Oncoming Storm." Winter leaned her back against the door casually, leaving on a face of utter annoyance, wit in her eyes, and amusement on her lips. In truth, however, she feared this man above anything else. His name sparked such an instinct in her that her legs found electricity surging to run. Her heart beat double time, mind surging with escape routes and ways to gain an advantage or to distract him with a pretty red head.

She had heard he had a thing for those.

And all that, simply at the passing word of his name. Quite a few of her men, Molt included had teased her for weeks upon one event such as that. She had been drinking a bottle of rum, Molt had been complaining about an injury he had sustained, a glancing blow really, and wailed for a doctor. Winter had choked upon her drink, and from that point, she had come to drink only in private, where jeers and taunts along with well timed 'doctor' phrases would not reach her ears.

It was not hard to keep up such an illusion, that she didn't care, that she wasn't fearful, this was her ship! She would not cower from a stow away! Not like a fool, and not like a beast!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:54 pm

"Because, I think Captain is rather bland. I'd like to know your name." He leaned against one of the walls of the ship, awaiting when she would finally tell him her name. SHe looked grim on the outside, but on the inside, in her eyes....he saw fear. She feared him...greatly in fact. He wished this wasn't the case...sure, being feared by his enemies was nice, but he didn't want to be feared by the normal residents of the universe......he sighed deeply.
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:57 am

Winter smirked at him, and looked at the crew over his shoulder, they had, of course, backed up quite a considerable distance from the man and the captain with such a short temper and strange tendancies. "What do you think, boys, what is my name?" Winter asked, chuckling as they all piped up at precisely the same time. Winter was shouted Captain was another Mills could be found, twisted terribly within the hundreds of other names that was given. Levris, Snow, Ice, Demoness one of them even had the outstanding gall to call her wench Winter quite intended to toss that man overboard.

"There you have it. I have to many. Besides, I find nothing bland in 'Captain' " Winter's eyes flickered with deep amusement, and while she never in fact answered a question fully, truthfullly, or without coated in doublespeak or riddlespeak. She was struck with the slightest inclination to introduce herself, and, as she did as she pleased, Winter lifted a hand, tilting her hat to come down slightly on one eye.

"Captain Winter Mills, trouble maker extroadinare. I am a time traveller, a Futurekind, and I am nearly ten thousand years of age." Winter grinned, all traces of any fear leaving her eyes clearly, replaced by simple fun and amusement. Because, it was true, she supposed she couldn't fear a man while she mocked him, how silly that would be!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Doctor* Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:10 am

The Doctor smiled when he finally heard her name. He figured he might as well give her an introduction to him in the same fashion she did. "The Doctor." He began. "Traveler, occasional hero. I travel through Time and Space, I'm a Time Lord, and last time I counted, I was about 1,200 years of age, hard to keep track when you've lived as long as I have, y'know." He paced around her as he spoke. "Or in your case, as long as you have. Y'know, I like that. Not a lot of females are confident enough about their age to reveal it. Usually when I ask, I get smacked in the face." He brushed a hand across his cheek, remembering the times when he would ask Amy how old she was and she'd smack him right across the face.
The Doctor*
The Doctor*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Winter was nearly flattered with the grin he gave when he had heard her name! As though it were an achievement! Oh, she was going to have fun with this person. Regardless of whether or not he was a bad ass who blew up planets for sport and revenge. This person, who passed her entire crew, rather then ask, attempted to trick them to ask her directly for her name. This person, who was so pleased with himself for gaining so little, just because Winter had held it slightly out of his reach, in a taunting sort of fashion for longer then a moment. It was, as this thought concluded, that he began to pace around her, going in circles around the woman, to which, she tilted her hip, and put her hands on her hips, watching him with a futurekind, crooked smirk.

Nothing he said in his introduction was something she had not heard before. Really, in the thousand of rumours she'd heard, whispered in fear, or proclaimed loudly in triumph, varying so greatly in nature, there was little that hadn't been said about the man before her! The Doctor, yes, she knew that part. They had just done the whole, Doctor mention merely moments ago, it seemed. Perhaps, she wondered idly, he was being formal.

Traveler, well, how else would one leap from universe to universe? Time to time, and planet to planet?

Occasional hero, Winter silently quirked an eyebrow at that one. Occasional? What.. Did he imagine himself a terrible villian only on tuesdays? Or was it, occasional meant in the minority? Which meant he imagined himself only a hero on tuesdays, and a terrible villian every other day of the week.

The rest, of course, while sounding poetic and rather proud in nature was nothing new to her ears, she had already deducted he was a traveler through time and space. It wasn't that impressive. So was she. A time lord, yes, she knew that part, seeing as she had felt such things for herself. Hearing that he was merely the infantile age of 1,200 Winter grinned wide, looking to her side where he happened to stop for the moment. Of course, he babbled on, as children do, jumping to the topic of being smacked in the face by women that he asked their age.

"Perhaps at my age, it merely does not matter any more. Being shy, blushing bright and staying modest about such things only gets one so far, I find. Life is so much more of a wild ride, when one does precisely what they always dreamed of doing. Biting tongues from social ettiquettes never interested me. Or, perhaps, I am lying. Perhaps all women do slap men across the face and rant madly when asked about their own age. Perhaps, I am mocking you. There are a thousand different choices that lay ahead of you, why is it that you assume that I am telling the truth, as well as confident because I do?" Winter toyed with him, bored, and wondering if someone could finally keep up with her games.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down